Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Couple Married 72 Years Dies Holding Hands

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
My late wife had an aunt and uncle who BICKERED for 70 years. He finally died at age 89 and left her in peace for a few years.
This, however, is a lovely and inspiring story.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Yes, lovely! better to die holding hands, than at each others throats. :)
O.O

It is always touching to hear of love like that. I read that when Soupy Sales died, he just told his Wife, " I love you" and closed his eyes, and died.

My Great Grand Father died and one week to that day later, my Great Grand Mother passed away. They both lived to be 100 years old, and had been married 72 years.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I spent almost half my life not knowing what that feeling meant. I'd watch movies like Serendipity and think, that's very sweet but it's not real.

In the course of the past four years I have discovered what that feeling really is. I have watched that movie again since finding my true love, and now when I watch it that movie, and others like it I think yes, that's what it's really like.

I cried not from sadness, but from happiness due to this couples' blessed life together. I'm sure they will be together through all eternity.

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I must admit I did have a little weep reading that. I loved the bit where they talked of them passing with the 'family they built' around them. It's a lovely thing to think that we are not 'having kids', we are 'building a family'. I liked that.

Drappa

One Too Many
Well, although it is a nice soppy love story I am most disturbed by the fact that a 94 year old was driving without paying attention and crashed into an innocent driver who was unable to stop. I read in other reports that the other car contained two people, also a couple, one of whom is seriously injured. So, despite the commitment, I can't feel soppy about this. The old man may have killed another person.

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
I had heard of this story. It's tragic what happened, but it does show how much this couple loved each other. They weren't the only couple to make the news about holding hands.

How about these guys?

lovers-skeletons-zoom.jpg

They have been holding hands for 1500 years! I had read that originally the male was supposed to be looking at her, but his head rolled away. lol

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4499065...-science/t/roman-era-couple-held-hands-years/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy