Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

David B West

New in Town
I'll get some photos later today and then start the process of learning how to post photos here... They are all in rows in our spare bedroom, the "clothes" room since I have way too much attire. I'm about done with eBay, put one pair of black bison tony lama's out there and got a big $20 for a $100 pair of boots. Oh, well. At least the lady who got them is giving them as a gift to her son.
It's pretty stupid. The guy I know at Red Wing shoes even said "that's too many boots." Of course I bought some nice size 13 shoes from him and then instantly lost them in this last move. They will turn up as soon as I go back and buy another pair....

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I'll get some photos later today and then start the process of learning how to post photos here...
[...]
I'm about done with eBay, put one pair of black bison tony lama's out there and got a big $20 for a $100 pair of boots. Oh, well. At least the lady who got them is giving them as a gift to her son.
It's pretty stupid.
That is the problem with ebay. It all depends on how many people want an item.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Plus if you have a "Gotta Win No Matter What" guy bidding against you . And its addictive . ... You ever passed a guy on the hwy going really slow , then as soon as you pass him the race is on ? All he wants is to be in front , then slows down again . Gotta win .

Found my late Mother-In-Law's Justin boots stored in an outbuilding. Also found my late Father-In-Law's Resistol hat. Both too small for anyone in the family now. We'll display them I guess. The Justin box is not original to the boots (referring to a men's size in a different color). Sorry for the bad photos. It's raining (and I'm lazy).

29769520855_c3dfa3b4e6_z.jpg

29687256161_ddbaf98b5a_z.jpg

29657269282_da8abb0f10_z.jpg

29769517805_e952c1c52b_z.jpg

Not the same boots or hat, but this photo from ~1962 in Albuquerque shows that they would occasionally "cowboy up".

29687568111_d330557f67_z.jpg

frussell

One Too Many
My grandpa suggested I get the 12 row, multicolored stitching on the Paul Bonds he had made for me back in 1982. Wasn't sure at first, but they grew on me pretty fast. Looks great after a lot of wear and tear, much less eye-watering. He was right about the shark foot, too. Damn things were indestructible. Wore out the backing/lining in the shaft, foot still didn't have so much as a scuff. Wish they still fit, but as I got older and wider, so did my feet.

I like the verigated stitching. A lot of bootmakers that use the thread don't keep the colors aligned as Bond does and I'm a fan of both if done well but what Bond does, as the above boots show, is an art form to me. All of the varying colors in a single thread and timing it out for that sort of alignment, pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner