• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Cowboy Boots

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Jack Scorpion, May 17, 2005.

1. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

The whole TL labeling thing is a convoluted mess, bb. Early TL boots had a white label with black embroidery stitched to the shaft, then a black label like the one I posted with my black TL's. They're distinguished by the "Made By" above Tony Lama. The later black label is one many of us are familiar with.
    image.jpeg
    After this, they went to the white label, with red, stitched the inside of the pull strap. Still a decent boot if it had the El Paso designation. See Desertdog's above. Then it became a very similar label w/o the El Paso designation and these, IMO are junk.

I tried to find a pic of the first white label but was unsuccessful. If you can find a pair of those boots or the earlier black label in decent shape, they're worth a look. The most common TL black labels are good boots but from that point on, use discretion. If not US made, I would just avoid.

2. Desert dog

Desert dog Practically Family

Just found a photo of the white label.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

That's it! Thanks, Dd.

Desert dog likes this.
  4. AlexTheApache

AlexTheApache Familiar Face

Not sure what size you are but I stumbled upon these very nice Justin's that are similar to what you're looking for with an added toe bug and alittle more western styling.
    https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/45802237

5. I blame @Bamaboots for leading me down this never-ending road. ;)

Used Lucchese Classics from 2006. Style #1570 with cognac calf for the vamp and black deer skin on the shaft. Square toe (#7), Cowboy heel (#4), 1-1/2". I think the narrower width will be a good thing...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  6. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Nice boots to walk that road in, Bob. Glad to be of service. No caimans?

Desert dog likes this.
  7. That is this afternoon. I may be in a whole lot of trouble by the end of the day.

Desert dog and Bamaboots like this.
  8. Desert dog

Desert dog Practically Family

Those are some good looking boots! The top stitching is very nice. I understand what you mean about @Bamaboots. Between him and @Hurricane Jack's boots, it causes an increased appetite for more boots.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

9. Hurricane Jack

Hurricane Jack I'll Lock Up

I like the collars, Bob.

BobHufford and Bamaboots like this.
  10. Thanks fellas! I hope they fit and feel as good as they look.

Joao Encarnado and Bamaboots like this.
  11. Hurricane Jack

I need to sell some instead of buy more. Sold 3 pair locally but that's all.

BobHufford and Desert dog like this.
  12. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Me too!

Desert dog likes this.
  13. I am awaiting the postman to deliver a pair of Justin alligator belly boots. They were a good price and Justin 10EE's fit me perfectly so I had to jump. I am now declaring my collection complete but........there is a pair of Lucchese smooth ostrich ropers that I may snag if the price is right. Don't know if I can lay the blame at Bamaboots feet but he certainly contributed.....in a good way!

BobHufford, Desert dog and Bamaboots like this.
  14. memphislawyer

memphislawyer Practically Family

Belfast: LOL. I am awaiting my Lucchese full quill ostrich and hoping they fit. My Double H boots, well, they are rocking but they are not going to be as nice a leather as the Lucchese.

BobHufford and Desert dog like this.
  15. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Thanks for not laying all of the blame at my feet. I am enjoying the activity this thread has had as of late. bb, when you get a chance, post some pics of your boots!

belfastboy likes this.
  16. What size? Just askin' for a friend... :rolleyes:

Bamaboots and Desert dog like this.
  17. Hurricane Jack

11D mostly. Acme, Austin-Hall, Lucchese, Nocona, Osuna, Paul Bond, Tony Lama, Tres Outlaws; calf, gator, lizard, ostrich, piteado, shark, inlaid & overlaid, a triad. Maybe more. Elephants are gone. No ropers.

18. AlexTheApache

AlexTheApache Familiar Face

At that size I’m your man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. In my case I think I can lay all the blame on you since you were the source of my only 2 pairs.
    ;)

Desert dog, Bamaboots and BobHufford like this.
  20. Hurricane Jack

The list was made off the top of my head. Shrunken bull shoulder should be on there too.