Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Thanks, Cuz. I have a couple more pair with similar toes. All approx. 1". Wide as I can go. When I picked these up, I thought they had a sort of vintage look to them with the toe and style of wingtip.

Here's my square toed selection. The brown pair at the bottom are the widest, at about 1 1/8". The black ones to the west are 1", and the brown ones to the east are 7/8". The ones at the top with the green wingtip are 3/4".
530e518396f9dd9a5cd91bda1d02a09d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Speaking of horsehide....today’s wear.
Stewarts from about 1984. My one and only’s for 30+ years till i got here.

If you like the way they fit, feel and look, being they're a fairly valuable hide, I'd consider a full resole. I've not used them but I've heard nothing but good things about Tulsa shoe rebuilders. Not many offer this sort of service.

http://www.tulsashoerebuilders.com/

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
If you like the way they fit, feel and look, being they're a fairly valuable hide, I'd consider a full resole. I've not used them but I've heard nothing but good things about Tulsa shoe rebuilders. Not many offer this sort of service.

http://www.tulsashoerebuilders.com/
Thank you Greg for the ref. Looks like about $125 for a full resole. That’s prob reasonable but idk. Yea if i did it i’d go full on these.
B

EngProf

Practically Family
Proceed with caution on the full resole.
We have a first-rate shoe repair shop here and I took a pair of WWII service shoes in to have a full re-sole.
The shoes looked really good on the outside and were nice and soft but when the old sole was removed the lower/inner part had dried out and deteriorated to the point that a new sole could not be attached.
I wish I had left them alone and worn them until they fell apart.

Proceed with caution on the full resole.

A quality made cowboy boot will have a full leather midsole and insole with no cork or man made material or fillers. That's the great thing about a well made pair, so long as the vamp and heel counter is intact, the bottom can be completely rebuilt, from the insole to a new welt and sole being attached.

Said I wouldn't buy another pair of shelf boots but when a pair comes along that helped to create the term "shelf/collectible" boots, in my size (though they won't be worn), at this price I couldn't turn away. Hollywood boots.

Shipped today.
m_5cc45cf82e7c2fc62048eea1.jpg

m_5cc45d0808d2c258671e7eec.jpg
Damn.

Those are flat-out fantastic, Cuz. Nice score. Congrats!

I hope they're in good enough shape to be worn every now and then, at least.

Damn.

Those are flat-out fantastic, Cuz. Nice score. Congrats!

I hope they're in good enough shape to be worn every now and then, at least.

Thanks, Cuz. I knew a few would get a kick out of these. Dale, like you, I hope I can get my hoof into them but I have no expectations. Seller says no holes, rips or tears. I'll be happy with that.

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Said I wouldn't buy another pair of shelf boots but when a pair comes along that helped to create the term "shelf/collectible" boots, in my size (though they won't be worn), at this price I couldn't turn away. Hollywood boots.

Shipped today.
m_5cc45cf82e7c2fc62048eea1.jpg

m_5cc45d0808d2c258671e7eec.jpg
Cool boots!
From the 50’s??
Are these the predecessor to Stewart Boots?
B

Cool boots!
From the 50’s??
Are these the predecessor to Stewart Boots?
B

Thank you. Post war to mid 50's. They weren't together long but they developed some patterns and inlays that are popular to this day. Yes before Stewart there was Stewart-Romero.

Dig 'em! You should at least wear them up on the tailgate for hat pics. Congrats Greg!

Thanks, Bob. If I can get them on without a come apart.

Last edited:
Thanks, Cuz. I knew a few would get a kick out of these. Dale, like you, I hope I can get my hoof into them but I have no expectations. Seller says no holes, rips or tears. I'll be happy with that.
Any idea what the height is? It's hard to tell from the photos. They don't look real short, but shorter than what passes for standard these days.

Any idea what the height is? It's hard to tell from the photos. They don't look real short, but shorter than what passes for standard these days.

Not sure but I agree with you that they do't appear to be Pee Wee's that they so often produced but shorter then the 12"-14" we usually see. I wanted to know the shaft height and the heel height but couldn't get a response from the seller.

Not sure but I agree with you that they do't appear to be Pee Wee's that they so often produced but shorter then the 12"-14" we usually see. I wanted to know the shaft height and the heel height but couldn't get a response from the seller.
I'd guess about 11". 12" at best. Guess we'll just wait and see. Doesn't really matter, they're still an amazing find. Great inlay and the narrow square toe is pretty typical for the era.

Were low-cut 'shoe' versions of cowboy boots ever a thing? See: https://www.upperclassfashion.co.uk...eather-buckle-west-steel-heel-shoes-boot.html I'm oddly tempted by a pair of these to wear with pegs and a drap jacket, Ted style.... Full cowboy boots I did during my metal years, but they're just not for me now.

Edward I've seen similar iterations of such shoes over the years on rockers and such but more commonly these days I see western boot companies offering women's footwear in similar styles along with mules. I don't often see them but some custom makers offer an ankle style.

https://www.ethoscustombrands.com/collections/leather-boots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany