Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

I have been to the shop several times and last two times (22 and 23) it was not nearly as bustling as past. I see they are under new management, hopefully they can breathe some life back into things.

Legendary was my first go at customs, and they are still my favorite toe and builds, but he closed shop a couple years ago.
At one time Bob McLean was the manager at PB & an agreement was in place to buy the company when Mr. Bond was ready to sell. He learned the business of boot making at PB. Next thing anyone knew Bob was gone. Some time later he started Legendary but he has never stayed with it to make it successful. This is the second time I know of that Legendary has closed.

20231126_072558.jpg

Found this at a flea market yesterday. Nancy insisted I bring it home. Hope y'all as amused as I was by it.

An auction popped up with about a dozen pairs of Paul Bonds, Lucchese, Falconhead, Tres Outlaws, Pinto Ranch / Black Jack, etc. All in my size (or very close). I don't need any more boots and spending money on myself is badly timed right now. I held back and just got one pair of well worn Paul Bonds for a $44 bid.

1702348983278.png

1702349035547.png

1702349064707.png

This pair (among others) was tempting:

1702349243883.png

1702349283884.png

They were featured on Paul Bond's website and sold this evening for a $252 bid. The original price was a bit higher.

1702349443303.png

I'm already kicking myself, but I have too much tied up in hat inventory right now and it has been a very expensive year for us.

An auction popped up with about a dozen pairs of Paul Bonds, Lucchese, Falconhead, Tres Outlaws, Pinto Ranch / Black Jack, etc. All in my size (or very close). I don't need any more boots and spending money on myself is badly timed right now. I held back and just got one pair of well worn Paul Bonds for a $44 bid.

View attachment 569503

View attachment 569504

View attachment 569505

View attachment 569506

View attachment 569507

They were featured on Paul Bond's website and sold this evening for a $252 bid. The original price was a bit higher.

View attachment 569508

I'm already kicking myself, but I have too much tied up in hat inventory right now and it has been a very expensive year for us.
Pretty fine score, Bob. Sorry about the others, but I can totally relate about the expensive year.

Paul Bonds f
Nice pair, Bob. They look like they were built in the style of their Working Cowboy Boot with some nice embellishments. Shrunken shoulder is about as tough a domestic hide that can be had and Bond kinda perfected the variegated stitching thing. He's one of the few makers you'll find matching the colors on multiple rows of stitching. Hard to count in the pics but it looks like your's have six or so. I had assumed for some time that variegated stitching was a somewhat modern thing until i picked up a pair of 1965 TL's with a single row.

Here's a little information from Jennifer June. She's using Bond's in her examples.
http://dimlights.com/2007/09/glossary-variegated-thread

Edward

Bartender
View attachment 564018
Found this at a flea market yesterday. Nancy insisted I bring it home. Hope y'all as amused as I was by it.

Tell folks it was a trophy from that time you were a champion line-dancer in college.... ;)

View attachment 569503

View attachment 569504

View attachment 569505

View attachment 569506

View attachment 569507

View attachment 569508

I like the rainbow effect on that first pair!

Nice pair, Bob. They look like they were built in the style of their Working Cowboy Boot with some nice embellishments. Shrunken shoulder is about as tough a domestic hide that can be had and Bond kinda perfected the variegated stitching thing. He's one of the few makers you'll find matching the colors on multiple rows of stitching. Hard to count in the pics but it looks like your's have six or so. I had assumed for some time that variegated stitching was a somewhat modern thing until i picked up a pair of 1965 TL's with a single row.

Here's a little information from Jennifer June. She's using Bond's in her examples.
http://dimlights.com/2007/09/glossary-variegated-thread

Thanks Greg -- and thanks for the info and link!

Looking at the inside photo I'm counting eight rows. :D

I like the rainbow effect on that first pair!

Thanks Edward. I'm a big fan as well.

Last edited:

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Can anyone compare the sizing of Rios of Mercedes to either Lucchese or Ariat?
Considering picking up a used pair with no chance to return.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner