Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

TipTop

Practically Family
I'm struck by two things in these posts:
1) How little boots have changed in outward appearance (and probably construction) in over 100 years
2) The artistry and love in BigShoe's work. Really terrific!

Keep up the good work.

MikePotts

Practically Family
They got 10 pair outta this bad boy!

Screen-Shot-2014-11-21-at-8_14_18-AM_zps36add834.png

Bugguy

Practically Family
We made these for a heart surgeon.
DrDavesboots001.jpg

Great boots! Those will look nice with green scrubs. Blood shouldn't show when he goes to the cafeteria for lunch. We do refer to some of those surgeons as "cowboys"; not necessarily as a compliment.

Snarky aside, those are spectacular boots!

cd9773c8388579756597ab06df158f85.jpg

3e64c27e6d37e4a8d3fee7ec9873fda8.jpg

ea1f647baba4db0a1b52e16c716d9dc8.jpg

Picked up some new britches (13MWZ - Academy had 'em for $19.99) so I thought I'd drag out these Luchesses to wear with 'em.

TipTop

Practically Family
Very 1950s look; handsome boots.

cd9773c8388579756597ab06df158f85.jpg

3e64c27e6d37e4a8d3fee7ec9873fda8.jpg

ea1f647baba4db0a1b52e16c716d9dc8.jpg

Picked up some new britches (13MWZ - Academy had 'em for $19.99) so I thought I'd drag out these Luchesses to wear with 'em.
What you need now is a 1950s vintage Jeep (without side curtains) to blast around in; maybe a little 'Red River Valley' on the radio....

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
No one ever looks comfortable in these for some reason.
I can imagine that to be true in the extremely pointed style of boot. But a pair with a more square toe is quite comfortable. I've had my goatskin pair since late in 1997, and they are some of the most comfortable footwear I have. Just make sure they're comfortable on you when you're in the store. None of this "You gotta break 'em in, son!"

I can imagine that to be true in the extremely pointed style of boot. But a pair with a more square toe is quite comfortable. I've had my goatskin pair since late in 1997, and they are some of the most comfortable footwear I have. Just make sure they're comfortable on you when you're in the store. None of this "You gotta break 'em in, son!"

Actually, even the roach stompers are pretty comfortable. Your toes aren't jammed up in the point or anything.

Actually, even the roach stompers are pretty comfortable. Your toes aren't jammed up in the point or anything.

True statement. The shape of the toe has no bearing on comfort as long as the boots fit properly. (Unless you just have some kind of hang up about pointy toes, and they cause you emotional suffering)

As for the 57 Ranchero, I'd hope it would be at least as comfortable as my 98 Nissan. Hopefully much more so.

Just an FYI and warning to cowboy boot wearers...if you use a boot jack, do not do so after midnight and after a couple of pops. Last night I did so and after successfully removing one boot, was attempting to remove the other. My heel slipped and hit my unbooted foot and completely ripped the nail off of my big toe. I have been shot, taken a fastball right to the junk and had shingles. None of those compared to the excruciating pain of ripping a nail clean off of the nail bed.

Just an FYI and warning to cowboy boot wearers...if you use a boot jack, do not do so after midnight and after a couple of pops. Last night I did so and after successfully removing one boot, was attempting to remove the other. My heel slipped and hit my unbooted foot and completely ripped the nail off of my big toe. I have been shot, taken a fastball right to the junk and had shingles. None of those compared to the excruciating pain of ripping a nail clean off of the nail bed.

Yee-ouch!!

You sure it was just a couple of pops?

Take care of that my friend, sorry to hear of it.

Yes, it was just a couple, but it was late and I was also tired and not paying attention. Thank God for Mrs. Hawk hearing my screams all the way downstairs. Needless to say, I will not be wearing boots anytime soon, pointy toed or otherwise.

Flip-flop season came early this year.

IXL

One Too Many

I really feel for you on this one. I completely ripped off a big-toe nail some years ago while tearing down an old barn: stepped through the rotten floor and the tennis shoes just opened up on the junk stored below the floor. I've done a lot of bright things in my life: wearing tenniy floppers that day wasn't one of them.
You're gonna walk funny for awhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart