Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

I've never been a fan of the "full" anything unless it's a smooth leather. I just don't like the look, and of course the expense. I have one pair of gators and I'm pretty sure they will be my last. I like the look but I'm so rough on boots, I become too self conscious wearing the things. I'll probably have a come-apart moment the first time I scuff the toe.
I much prefer a stitched top also. I do appreciate the fact that the top requires a large quality skin or hide to make it & that's one of the reasons it's not done much. It's hard today to even find a pair of lizards where the vamp is made from anything less than ~6 little pieces. The skins & hides on exotics are harvested much smaller today.

That's why a vintage pair of boots like these are valuable.

Tres Outlaws made before the partnership with Falconhead. 18" Electric Blue tops with windows & 12 row stitching in red & white with red piping. Butter Cream vamps with the "A" toe, chocolate sharkskin counters over a 2-1/4" cowboy heel. These boots look great with a pair of brand new dark blue jeans.

2dciqa8.jpg

16lk9ax.jpg

2cff4ph.jpg

33ccgec.jpg

RJR

Tres Outlaws made before the partnership with Falconhead. 18" Electric Blue tops with windows & 12 row stitching in red & white with red piping. Butter Cream vamps with the "A" toe, chocolate sharkskin counters over a 2-1/4" cowboy heel. These boots look great with a pair of brand new dark blue jeans.

2dciqa8.jpg

16lk9ax.jpg

2cff4ph.jpg

33ccgec.jpg
Nice looking.

HJ, I saw that as well, commissioned by Don Quixote. The boots of theirs I've handled have been pretty nice and those listed look just like the Bond work boot, from the pics anyway. The price is right!

HJ, I saw that as well, commissioned by Don Quixote. The boots of theirs I've handled have been pretty nice and those listed look just like the Bond work boot, from the pics anyway. The price is right!
Interesting. I've never owned a pair from Don Quixote. Know anything about the lasts they are built on?

I do not. I think dh66 may have a pair or two, maybe he will chime in on the fit. They do have email contact info on their web page.
I forgot Dale had a pair. I shot an email to Bond's with questions. I'll post their reply when I get it.

It's just been my experience that standard Mexican made lasts tend to run wider than standard American made lasts. When Steve Osuna first started selling in the US market he was using standard Mexican lasts for his stock boots. As his sales grew he also got some standard American lasts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner