Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I just got a pair of Dan Post boots today, won them off of eBay and they were in excellent "like new" condition. I haven't had a pair of these in quite awhile and I must say I highly recommend them.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Have pair of Luchesse Classic Crocs and Lucchese Classic Elelphant Also have some Fry's and others.

Depends on your proposed use, but, for me the luccheses win hands down most comfortable and the most beautiful I have ever seen or worn.

Unless I am chopping trees down; then it is my Timberlands

Burnsie

Anyone already mention Champion Attitude boots? Been in Texas since the 30's and repro their 30's and 40's boots supposedly from the original patterns.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
just got a pair of Justin boots...and coming from the girl who LOATHES shoes.
( I wear flip fops all year round, it was 5 degrees the other day and I STILL wore them.) I LOVE THESE BOOTS. They are WONDERFULLY comfortable, still waiting for durability, but I have high hopes.

Erik

One of the Regulars
Its going back a bit, but only because nobody else has to mentioned it, the OP mentioned not wanting Mexican made cowboy boots. As it turns out, some of the best makers were and are in and from Mexico, and likely always will be, to include craftsmen at some of the iconic "American made" offerings already mentioned.

Me, I have not yet settled on my favorite, which my wife thinks is merely a justification to adding to the collection. Maybe she is right. ;)

shortbow

Practically Family
Right on, Eric. Anybody doubting this needs a tour of Tony Llama's. When I was a kid, we went to the factory outlet for our boots. Not a gringo in or around the place anywhere.:D

shortbow said:
Right on, Eric. Anybody doubting this needs a tour of Tony Llama's. When I was a kid, we went to the factory outlet for our boots. Not a gringo in or around the place anywhere.:D

Probably so...but I just never found any model of Tony Llama's comfortable for my foot. It seems like they are made with a distinctive high curved steel arch unique to Tony Llama. Perhaps if I just purchased a pair...and broke them in..it would eventually become un-noticable. However..I have never been able to make it past that strangely curved "hard' arch. Surley others have noticed this as well.
My Lucchese...Justine...,etc have a firm arch...but not so extremely curved.
HD

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
To find something that fits YOUR foot should try on several brands and styles. What works for one person may not work for another.

My vote for best off the shelf boot for the money is LUCCHESE.

If a Lucchese Classic is too pricey (or if you want a little more cushion in the footbed ) try a Lucchese 1883.

Inusuit

A-List Customer
If you're thinking of something different...

White's Cowboy Packers. Or for something more dressy, Thoroughbreds.

www.Whitesboots.com

Yes, they are laceup. Have been around for about a hundred years. I have a pair of each. My packers are 20 years old and have been rebuilt twice.

Highlander

A-List Customer
RobFedoraField said:
If I'm looking for a boot with a rubber sole, it's Ariat all the way, very confy, not overly fancy, or pricey for that matter.

If I'm looking for something a little nicer, all leather, etc. it's Nocona. I absolutly love those boots

Rob, these are my everyday boots, and you can buy them worth the price if you keep your eyes open. And they have a long wearing rubber sole.

6014.jpg

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Well, I've had my Lucchesse elk boots for 14 months now. EEE and they're still holding up quite well. I go through a set of heels once a month, so I'm pretty hard on them. Rubber soles or not, I still have to be careful when wearing them else I slip.

Highlander

A-List Customer
My favorite pair of old work boots, Naconas, (new spur straps with my brand on them). Half soled and re-heeled several times.

boots-vi.jpg

funneman

Practically Family
Of the three different boots I have, I'd have to say my Justins are the most comfortable.

Whatever you buy, just make sure they are all natural skins. Don't buy "man made".

You'll regret it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80