Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

I tried them in the past, one issue for me with many socks is being to thick. Not sure why most makers seem to think you need padding on the top of the foot along with the bottom. Most be because I have high instep I think this way.
Thorlo boot socks are made from a man made synthetic so they are pretty thin & just reinforced on the heel, toe & ball of the foot. They wear like iron & will last you a long time. I just make it a point not to walk around wearing just them after taking my boots off. They are expensive but I don't mind it if I get some mileage out of them.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Try www.gobros.com , I can't recall , but maybe "darn tough socks" are the ones , or "Thorlo" , but they sell tough and sometimes expensive socks for about anything you could want . I know I saved that site to my Bookmarks for a reason . They have anything you need and are looking for .

Last edited:

Motocowboy

New in Town
I wear western boots but also do a lot of hiking. Darn tough and smart wool are hard to beat. I find merino wool to be my favorite material.
I like Merino Wool the best. I find tall socks to not be good in the warmer weather and Wool is worse for me. I like old Thorlo Liner Socks for boots that fit tight, however they are not made anymore.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
VK Nagrani socks are super well made, and although they are more a dress sock, they do make some that are a plain color without a pattern on them. I put this out as I have been buying that brand for about 6 years now, and not one pair have ripped or had so much wear that I had to toss them out or make a rag out of it. It is now the only brand name of socks I will purchase. They are not a cheap price however. Average price $40-$50.00 a pair. You can find some on eBay for a little less.

The pics aren't the best but here's an example of D. W. Frommer 's two piece boot. Currently listed on the bay.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DW-Frommer-...136661?hash=item3f7d3db8d5:g:0J4AAOSwX61ZJJfN

Love those boots. They look very similar in appearance to the Sanders boots I used to wear back in the day (like around 30 years ago :eek:). I'm not a fan of boots with a cockroach-killer toe; yours have a nice semi-pointed toe and a good dogging heel - real cowboy boots as opposed to the Hollywood wannabes. The last time I tried to look up Sanders boots I couldn't find anything; apparently they're not made any more, but they suited me right down to the ground. I broke my leg and the titanium plate and screws I have now resulted in a pretty substantial cankle; can't get my foot in a cowboy boot any more :(.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Love those boots. They look very similar in appearance to the Sanders boots I used to wear back in the day (like around 30 years ago :eek:). I'm not a fan of boots with a cockroach-killer toe; yours have a nice semi-pointed toe and a good dogging heel - real cowboy boots as opposed to the Hollywood wannabes. The last time I tried to look up Sanders boots I couldn't find anything; apparently they're not made any more, but they suited me right down to the ground. I broke my leg and the titanium plate and screws I have now resulted in a pretty substantial cankle; can't get my foot in a cowboy boot any more :(.

I didn't look , but this webpage has a List of Custom Boot Makers , it from the author of Cowboy Boots : The Art and Sole ...

Cowboy Boots - Custom made, vintage and popular cowboy boot ...

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I was chatting with a friend last night about my boots. Told him I got them at Sheplers. Just peeked at their website, and everything is on sale today, free shipping. Some fantastic deals!

www.sheplers.com

My boots have served me well for 14+ years. Black leather Durango snip-toed boots with white star & crescent moons cut out of the red on the toe, heel, and at the top. Dancing in them at Viva Las Vegas years ago.

dancing.jpg

I saw those, HJ. Pretty special lookin boot. First time I've ever seen a heel cover like that. I've seen some of Arenholz boots come up for auction before and their is usually something special about them.

I saw those, HJ. Pretty special lookin boot. First time I've ever seen a heel cover like that. I've seen some of Arenholz boots come up for auction before and their is usually something special about them.
These have sold already. I like that little rope stitch on top of the heel covers.

He still has that brown pair listed but they would be just a bit big for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner