Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
f4a4cbed2bb6ee01e780392d310e7117.jpg

Some old Nocona boots I’ve had for some time. They were made in the USA and have been resoled. They are pretty tough and still look pretty decent.

189310ebb3ed3d2fa299ec9284e370fe.jpg

These are newer Nocona boots that were made in Mexico, they have some synthetic materials and wear pretty well but they’re not as comfortable as the older, all leather boots.

Usp45nh

New in Town
f4a4cbed2bb6ee01e780392d310e7117.jpg

Some old Nocona boots I’ve had for some time. They were made in the USA and have been resoled. They are pretty tough and still look pretty decent.

189310ebb3ed3d2fa299ec9284e370fe.jpg

These are newer Nocona boots that were made in Mexico, they have some synthetic materials and wear pretty well but they’re not as comfortable as the older, all leather boots.
I have a pair Nocona boots that are pushing 35years old. They look similar to the black pair to the right in the top pic, but they are brown. I love them even though they are getting a bit long in the tooth. I visited a local boot shop the other day searching for a new pair and was told that while Nocona still makes boots they don’t make my particular boot any longer... damn... I guess I’ll have to pull a few more years out of my old boots!

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a pair Nocona boots that are pushing 35years old. They look similar to the black pair to the right in the top pic, but they are brown. I love them even though they are getting a bit long in the tooth. I visited a local boot shop the other day searching for a new pair and was told that while Nocona still makes boots they don’t make my particular boot any longer... damn... I guess I’ll have to pull a few more years out of my old boots!
They sure don't make them like they used to! I have several older Noconas and like them a lot. I always keep an eye out for vintage Noconas that are in very good condition.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
New day work set up.
Went down to the Rios/Ab/Olathe factory this past weekend and pickup these roughouts for day work.

My previous Ab stove pipes needed a resole and the local guy took the heel down to a roper profile. Some of these younger horses sure need a Rowel so I like a good ledge on riding boots. I have similar olathes in a traditional leather, bourbon colored, but the nitrine soles where heavy and hard to break in, Ive have both knees worked on and leather soles just break in better.
Very happy with these, small folds at the piping of the tops but nothing some wax and a few days of wearing can’t fix. New spurs are coming in the mail too.

8967f23b147bf82c46b26979bd7bf76f.jpg
7f959765f8c5dcf7291a106dd0f5db78.jpg
98e62099213513e304e3391757b3737e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like those Alex.

Desert dog

Question about the boots I just posted. I've heard this design referred to by makers and wearers alike as eagles, thunderbirds and Phoenix, what do you guys call them? I've always thought of them as them eagles.

Last edited:

Desert dog

Question about the boots I just posted. I've heard this design referred to by makers and wearers alike as eagles, thunderbirds and Phoenix, what do you guys call them? I've always thought of them as them eagles.
I've always thought they were eagles. Such a classic design, along with Indian heads and butterflies.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner