Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CRAZY HAT IDEA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

photobyalan

A-List Customer
All right, everybody, we have 27 stops on the map so far. That's great!

We still have some big gaps to fill. Right now, here are the problem areas:

Eastern Pennsylvania to either Ohio or the Carolinas
The Carolinas to Florida
Florida to the Midwest
The Midwest to Texas via Memphis area
New Mexico to Denver
Utah to the West Coast
Overseas, to the UK, Europe and Japan

If you're not on the list yet, sign up!

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
photobyalan said:

I can handle Eastern PA --> Washington, D.C.

From there we may be able to pickup someone down in Southern Virginia.

BTW, as for cross-country, this could always travel with someone who is doing some business travel. I'm headed to San Diego in March (tent.), Monterrey and Portland, Oregon in July, Salt Lake in August, Houston in November.

ZF

Baggers

Practically Family
I'll be travelling a bit this year myself. Southwestern Colorado (driving) in late June -- early July and probably the Monterey Penninsula of California (flying) sometime in October.

Back on the charity angle for a moment. I think skin cancer awareness and research would be perfect. It would help promote "safe sun" techniques such as wearing a hat.

Cheers!

JPS

New in Town
There are 5 on the list from the Lone Star State. You other guys and gals better get a bunch of your friends to join, or we might have to change the name of this thing to the TEXAS TRAVELING HAT!

JPS

WEEGEE

Practically Family
EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS

WELCOME...I'll be in Houston to visit my brother in April...but the hat will be

on the move by then.

AACOWBOYS.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
photobyalan said:

It can logically go from PA to Ohio. I think I can even grab a day and drive it South to North Carolina. Charlotte is 6 hours. I get on I77 here, get off I77 there.

photobyalan

A-List Customer
We're up to 36 stops, including four outside of the U.S.

Anybody in the plains states or the upper midwest?

Also looking for the anyone on the continents of South America, Australia and Africa.

If you have a trip to Antarctica planned, we want to hear from you!:cool2:

driven_247

New in Town
Hi guys...

I live in Dayton, Ohio and would be willing to participate and travel a good couple hours or so if it would help fill a gap in the hand-off. As far as locations for pictures in Dayton... I think a picture in front of the original Wright Brother's bicycle shop would be :cool2:.

I'm also going to Vegas April 5th-8th to get married and to Cancun April 9th-16th if any of that helps. :shrug:

Shawn

vespasian

One of the Regulars
Seems the UK isnt too bad really, plus there is Ireland. So far I know we have members in:

Kent
Sussex
Hampshire
Dublin

It wouldnt be too difficult to pass it on my hand through the first three, on to Copenhagen wouldnt take much postage either. Is anyone going to collate the publicity?

photobyalan

A-List Customer
shamus said:
So what's the latest? Where is dare I say.. Waldo the Fedora now?
Right now WeeGee has it in Albany, with plans to pass it on to me next. I'm really not anxious to get it until I have a better idea of how some of the travel gaps are going to be filled. I am also working on having it hand-carried (head-carried?) to and from Italy in March so Riccardo can at least put it on and have his photo taken.

I'm hoping some more folks will sign up and we can plan the route across the U.S. a little more firmly. Right now, it's going from Eastern PA to either NE Ohio and the midwest OR to Washington DC and down the east coast to the Carolinas and Florida.

We really need someone in the Georgia/Alabama area to sign up and also some folks in the upper midwest/northern rockies. Also, if anyone is planning a trip to the U.K. or Europe in the next six months, please PM me so that can be added to the plan.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Should there be

shamus said:
So what's the latest? Where is dare I say.. Waldo the Fedora now?

Should there be a thread JUST for (dated) pics of The Journey of a Hundred Heads? As soon as one gets the hat and does the photography and passes it on, he/she would post to the thread, maybe.

driven_247

New in Town
scotrace said:
Should there be a thread JUST for (dated) pics of The Journey of a Hundred Heads? As soon as one gets the hat and does the photography and passes it on, he/she would post to the thread, maybe.

I think thats a great idea. It'll help keep the interest going.

Vanessa

One Too Many
photobyalan said:

The Carolinas to Florida
Florida to the Midwest
The Midwest to Texas via Memphis area
New Mexico to Denver
Utah to the West Coast
Overseas, to the UK, Europe and Japan

If you're not on the list yet, sign up!

I'll be in FL in the Tampa area the middle of March and can trek it back to Chicago, if that fits in with the schedule at all.

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
put my name down on the list.....or I will look for the orginizational thread.....the hat may bounce around the country and world a few times so keep faith

thecoolmiester

New in Town
Akubra Fed IV or Christy's Adventurer, whats better?

Hi I'm looking to get another Fedora but in grey and it's between fed IV reg or Christy's adventurer. Which one would make a better Indy style grey clipper hat?

Show pic comparisons if you have them.

Trotsky

A-List Customer
If this goes on until late summer, I will be moved to South Dakota and will more than happily get a picture in front of Rushmore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw