Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones Spectators

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Ben Silver is showing these at $675. I think I like them.

9792_R.jpg

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
WHUUUHHH?

Excuse me but how much? More power to ya!

I can understand old world craftsmanship and all that but.. and this may seem rather crude.... they better give foot massage with a happy ending .

Jerome

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I ain't gonna buy 'em. That'd be nuts (for me to do).

But I like 'em. They are indeed well made. I saw C&J shoes at the Ben Silver store in Charleston.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Yikes...Ben Silver must be feeling the effects of the dollar's going in the tank against the pound. Last I checked they were $595.

They are lovely shoes, though. Perhaps my favorite spectators of all times, though Edward Green makes some that give them a run for their money.

Senator Jack said:
I could have EASILY dropped two grand on Crockett shoes. One pair each of black and brown wingtips and one pair each of black and brown specs. In fact, if Matt and Bern weren't with me, I probably would have walked out with something and then went and had my head checked.

If I had been with you, you would have gotten them. $2,000?! A mere bag of shells. ;) :p

Regards,

J

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Ben Silver Specs

Well they are still a bit more expensive than the MTO AE Broadstreets but going down.

My criticism is that the white seems to glare out at you and the chestnut piping is a little narrow.

Pedant... am I?????

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
Senator Jack said:
We went to Crocketts here in NY last week. Have to say, the shoes are REALLY well made. $475 for specs/wingtips. Sorry, can't spend that much for shoes yet.

BTW, Cheaterome, can't figure out your name or avatar. Is that supposed to be Cheetah Chrome? Cause that looks like Stiv Bators.

The name comes from the car club that my brother and I started in 1993 or so-- "The Cheaters" Milwaukee. My name is Jerome my nickname-ROME.
I know there are a bunch of really cool cats that we keep in contact with in Switzerland that we all have the same love of traditionally styled hot rods and customs , they are Cheaters as well but related only by a common good.
Same brothers different mothers.
Martin (bellytank) makes the grade,but right now he is on a covert mission.
My avatar is the one and only who needs no explanation..... on the 8th day God created his voice and now he just chills up there.

Joe Strummer.

Thanks ...working for the clampdown

Jerome --Cheaters member in good standing

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just picked up these vintage spectators off The Baron.

BARON popped these up for sale on the classifieds and I just went for it. Really nice shoes, with a leather and mesh format, so the feet are kept nice and cool. Not great if it rains, but then the responsibility is on 'me' as to when to wear them!!

These are essentially NOS (New Old Stock - ie: original vintage shoes that have not been used) and are in great nick. I was wearing them yesterday and got a number of compliments. Although I was also left with the dilemma of: "Should I be wearing these (since they have survived so long) and risk damaging them or wearing them out?" Or...."Just enjoy them for what they were designed?"

Well, I wouldn't get any enjoyment out of just looking at them in a glass cabinet, so...I'll be wearing them.[huh] Might even use them for my Tango dancing, as the leather sole would be ideal/as would 'the look!'

Without further ado, here they are...

Twotoneshoes005.jpg

Twotoneshoes004.jpg

Twotoneshoes003.jpg

Twotoneshoes002.jpg

Twotoneshoes001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner