Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crusher caps

Pduck

One of the Regulars
My father flew a B-25 in 72 missions over Italy and N. Africa. You'll note that his hat is tan. I've lost the crusher, but I still have the formal hat with the stiffener in it. I suppose I could take the stiffener out and wear it around the house with headphones on to make it into a crusher. :)

LtBobtrenchcoat.jpg

With his baby at the EAA:

BobDucklowB-25.jpg

Inside the cockpit:

BobDucklowB-25cockpit.jpg

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Mike K.

One Too Many

USAAFAcePilot

One of the Regulars
Guys,

As you know I want to buy the Garcia Aviation Crusher Cap, but I am VERY worried about the fit.

I am a 7 and 3/8 hat size, but the largest size they offer is a 7 and 3/4.

Any advice? Should I order the 7 and 3/4 size? I am worried it will be too small or tight.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I dont have a whole lot of experience with these things but Id say it depends on how you want to wear it.

Im the same size as the OP - 23", 7 3/8. These caps dont come in 7 3/8, but they do come on either side of it: 1/4 and 1/2.

I had ordered a 1/2 because I didnt want a too-tight 1/4. The 1/2 was huge, and stuffing the sweat wasnt gonna work. If I remember correctly, on a crusher, theres no hat body to push against as there is on a fedora.

I would wear a crusher back on my head most of the time, so given that, and the hugeness of one size up, Id now go with one size down if i couldnt get my size.

AlterEgo

A-List Customer
USAAFAcePilot wrote, "I am a 7 and 3/8 hat size, but the largest size they offer is a 7 and 3/4."

You are in the US Air Force defending the American Way?

I don't feel so safe any more.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Understood USAAFace - not a problem. Remember we all have had similar issues here; bought a hat that didn't fit correctly.
Measure your head with a cloth tape measure and convert those inches to size with this chart:
Hat-Size-Chart.jpg

Then order the closest that you are permitted by the manufacturer. My rule is to order slightly larger if you must -
stuffing the lining with paper makes up the difference.

Believe me I have hats hanging on my wall that are either slightly too big or slightly too small, but in a pinch each
of them works fine when called upon for use.

Relax and enjoy the experience.

-dixon cannon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR