Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cup of tea?

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That was great - sent a link to a friend who has some weird throat thing going on and had to skip today's voice lesson and I was saying he needed some hot tea with lots of lemon & honey and of course, some bourbon in it.

TidiousTed

Practically Family
A solid strong Assam in the morning with milk and a touch of demerara sugar

Pure Ceylon with a slice of lemon for the rest of the day until dinner

Darjeeling first flush Tigerhill, Golden Nepal or Sikkim Temi with milk in the evening

TidiousTed

Practically Family
And I take my tea drinking seriously. This is my tea shelf, my own design and my own handy work. 12 caddies and 12 sorts. Note the tin of “Uncle Joe’s Mint Balls” in the middle on the bottom shelf. It’s there as a tribute to Mike Harding and his very funny song by the same name.
The mouse at the top is a gift from a very nice and very gifted artist and sculptor for whom I made a website.

01552_tea.jpg

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I love tea and often drink it in the afternoons. I will be totally honest and say that while we do buy loose tea sometimes, often we end up with bags of Twinings or Harney & Sons. I always try to keep assorted tea bags in my desk at work so I can enjoy a pick-me-up cup of the tea in the afternoons. My favorite is probably Earl Grey.

Marzena

One of the Regulars
I love the afternoon tea custom and due to many years spent under the Communist regime I have never acquired the teabag habit - teabags did not exist. l We automatically turned to the teapot , and tea was THE drink of the day, coffee being completely absent from regular shops. Truth be told, most of that tea was a rather mediocre tea from Georgia, but with any luck one could find Assam. It is so good nowadays to enjoy all those different Teas! but I probably still like Assam best.

Heather

Practically Family
I'm partial Earl Gray & English breakfast. I sometimes buy loose tea leaves from adagio.com. I always have red rose tea bags in my stash for my mom. Whenever they visit, my dad always likes his coffee (or pepsi if it's too hot) and my mom will always, ALWAYS have a couple cups of tea. :)

DNO

One Too Many
Lifelong tea drinker here. I'm a big fan of loose tea from the Marinya estate in Kenya or, alternately, from the Margaret's Hope estate in Darjeeling. I also enjoy pretty well any Assam tea or Yunan black. There is such a wonderful variety of teas!

TidiousTed

Practically Family
I always keep 12 sorts of tea in the house and I enjoy them all. Darjeeling FF Tiger Hill, Assam, Pure Ceylon, Keemun, Samovar Dusjka, Golden Nepal, Sikkim Temi, Kenyan high grown, Lady Gray (mostly for my girlfriend). English Breakfast, Yunnan d,Or and a good supply of PG pyramid tea bags for when I don’t have time to brew loose weight tea or just want a single cup.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I'm drinking a nice cup of mint tea as we speak, supplemented with some mint i filched from the flower bed outside my shop. My friend in the shop next door managed to find some neat, empty teabags in a health food store, so you can in effect blend your own teas and make your own teabags. Which is great as i do prefer loose teas and have a nice collection at home, which i can now enjoy at work. I suppose you could make your own emvelopes from coffee filters if you wanted, but i'm far too bone idle.

Nothing beats a pot of tea though, with the obligatory tea cosy to keep it all piping hot!

I like English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Assam and Lapsang (like drinking a bonfire - mmmm)!!

TidiousTed

Practically Family
I sometimes have to work outside the house as I sometimes do projects in colaboration with an old friend who's a desidgner like me. I never bother to take a car when going to his studio but take the bus then the tube. And I always bring a nice cup of tea in one of these. You can use both loose weight and tea bags in these and they keep the tea warm till the last drop

view.asp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy