Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cup of tea?

dnjan

One Too Many
I have a colleague who refers to beer as "hops tea", though I suppose it should be correctly referred to as an infusion.

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
I had some Dragons Well a few years ago - a grad student of a colleague's brought some back for him after a trip home. He isn't a tea drinker, but he knew I was. So I was fortunate enough to have some tea that would normally be well out of my price range.
A very nice tea indeed!

And again you're right, dnjan. I'm always impressed by the sweetness and richness of this tea. Even as a cold drink, during summertime, it's wonderfully refreshing.

TidiousTed

Practically Family
Le Palais Des Thés

A new teashop has turned up in Oslo "Le Palais Des Thés", and I'm afraid it is going to put a serious dent in my economy. Not only do they have close to a hundred different teas, but they have a whole range of teas accessories as well, tea pots, tea caddies, books, tea marmalades, the lot. Besides, they run several tea courses, Japanese tea sermon courses, tasting courses and several others. The first visit set me back 55 $ and that was just 125 g of 4 different teas, not their cheapest ones though.

m0nk

One Too Many
I came across this thread and think it's great that some people here share the same affinity for chinese tea as myself. After trying numerous tea varieties, I've started blending my own mix. It starts with some Jasmine Green Tea that we pick up at the local Asian market (my wife is Vietnamese/chinese so we end up there quite often). I then get some Jasmine White Silver Needle, Slimming Jade Oolong, and Phoenix Moutain Oolong (Guandong Dan Cong) all from an online supplier and blend them all together. The resulting Jasmine flavor is perfect without being too overpowering, and there's a slight sweetness brought by the Oolong varieties that works great. This blend also has numerous health benefits, as it has white, green, and oolong teas in the mix.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
It's good old 'English builders tea' for me the colour of well tanned skin as my Grandfather used to say!
All that fancy stuff tastes like perfume to my palate dulled by years of room temperature ales and fine Indian cuisine!

dnjan

One Too Many
A new teashop has turned up in Oslo "Le Palais Des Thés", and I'm afraid it is going to put a serious dent in my economy. Not only do they have close to a hundred different teas, but they have a whole range of teas accessories as well, tea pots, tea caddies, books, tea marmalades, the lot. Besides, they run several tea courses, Japanese tea sermon courses, tasting courses and several others. The first visit set me back 55 $ and that was just 125 g of 4 different teas, not their cheapest ones though.
Those tea prices seem to be about on par with your beer prices!

TidiousTed

Practically Family
Those tea prices seem to be about on par with your beer prices!

They have teas a lot cheaper than that, I just fansied trying something both rare and exclusive. ;) But you are right, Norway is a very expensive country, but we usually highly paid for our work as well.

DNO

One Too Many
That is my Sunday afternoon read-the-newspaper tea!
Every morning I make a pot of Ceylon tea (Keniworth Estate), and enjoy a cup while listening to Morning Edition (NPR) on the radio.
The rest goes into a pre-heated thermos and into work with me. It is usually consumed by the time I have caught up on e-mail and FL postings.

I tried Keniworth but I didn't really warm up to it. I'm a big fan of Kenyan Marinyn though...and most Assams.

Not really a tea, but given it's new popularity, I gave Rooibos a try...tasted a tad medicinal to me. Must be an acquired taste. I think I'll stick with teas.

TidiousTed

Practically Family
I tried Keniworth but I didn't really warm up to it. I'm a big fan of Kenyan Marinyn though...and most Assams.

I usually have between 12 - 15 sorts of tea in the house and I buy only loose weight and usually in 125 g's batches. Some of these might last 6 - 9 months, but the assams never last more than about 2 weeks. Assam will always be my "staple" tea

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
Loose tea tastes better then tea in a bag. I noticed the tea bag adds a bitter flavor to the tea.I like it hot with nothing in it. However it has to be decaffe.

When I use the tea ball I end up with tea bits in my cup. I came across this at the market and it makes loose tea super easy to brew. http://www.americanwildfoods.com/prodimages/2253.png it fits in my mini tea pot or any coffee cup. All I have to do after use is toss the used tea grounds in the trash. Wash the basket and slip it into my next cup read to use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass