Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Curious

frussell

One Too Many
I see my "returned as steer" Long Half Belt finally made the sale page at Aero. Apparently the earlier diagnosis of steer made by Ken and Holly through photos and weight has been changed, as it's being sold again as FQHH. Says it's heavy due to the amount of leather used, but my replacement Teamster is almost half the weight, and definitely not half the leather. The post office weighed this thing in at 11 lbs, so they are right about it being heavy. It's also not what I would call a real size 52, as it had room for me and another small person in it, and I do wear a 52, as proven by my mostly well-fitting Teamster, and all my suits. The scratch mentioned and photographed was from thumb/fingernails (which are kept short) scratching the leather next to the zipper while trying to get the blasted thing done up. I've never had horsehide scratch that easily, but steerhide is another matter. Oh well, it'll make somebody a great coat that will outlive them, and hopefully be passed on to their gigantic children. Frank

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Even just looking at that photo, you can see it's one big old jacket, Frank :D. How's your new coming along, or is it too warm to do any real breaking in?

eggleman

One of the Regulars
Looks more like an overcoat than a jacket..
Did see a friends very thick / heavy FQHH Highwayman which also scratched in a similar manner .
Maybe its a character of the thicker horse-hides ?
Hope you're happy with the replacement.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Sorry Frank! Simple error here... think Rachel's having a bit of a bad week. I think this got mixed up with exchanges when Ken was looking over your measurements for your replacement. It's now safely back in our evidence section in the store room, and off sale!

Thanks for pointing this out tho! :)

wdw

One Too Many
If that's the same evidence section that has the 40 or whatever liberated hooky jackets, it must be some size by now

The sooner the non-storse jackets come back on the market and reduce waiting times the happier we'll all be.

Don't suppose you'd tell us the total number of jackets held as evidence? Just curious...

frussell

One Too Many
Sloan - we're in the triple digits now, weather-wise, so the only breaking in my new Teamster gets is inside, in the air conditioning. Funky shoulder fit is still an issue, but the leather looks amazing. Maybe I'll try and pump up my shoulder mass over the summer, to fill out the excess leather in that area. Frank

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Triple-digits? Good lord! Today was the first time it was too warm for my Dustbowl. In a way it's a shame you don't have your old tank of an LHB, as you could have built up your shoulders doing reps with it. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24