Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Shoe Guinea Pigs Needed

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
As some of you may know, I've just started offering custom-made footwear on my site. At the moment I only have a couple of boots, including these based on the 405 Aldens:

mc-advboot-sienna2.jpg

I'd like to offer very vintage-styled shoes as well, but don't have the capital to just make a bunch of pairs for myself... unfortunately. ;) So, I'd like to make an offer to Lounge members: if you have a particular style of shoe you'd like to have made that I think would be appropriate to add to my line, I will make it for you at a discounted price. These shoes will most likely run $265 (shipped) and will be offered based on foot measurements and diagrams, not just shoe size.

The offer is $195 for a custom pair made of calf leather, one or two colours for low shoes (custom boots can be discussed as well, but they will be a little higher in price). Have a look at my site for some colour options: https://host385.ipowerweb.com/~indyprop/osCommerce/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=54 Other leather colours are available that are not yet shown on my site including white, beige, ocre, mustard and navy.

Special features, such as punched leather (oxford detailing), or fabric/leather combinations, may be $5-10 extra.

For style ideas, I'd recommend you to Marc's thread: http://www.thefedoralounge.net/showthread.php?t=8397

E-mail, PM me or post here if you're interested.

Kind regards,
Indy

Indy Magnoli said:
As some of you may know, I've just started offering custom-made footwear on my site. At the moment I only have a couple of boots, including these based on the 405 Aldens:

mc-advboot-sienna2.jpg

I'd like to offer very vintage-styled shoes as well, but don't have the capital to just make a bunch of pairs for myself... unfortunately. ;) So, I'd like to make an offer to Lounge members: if you have a particular style of shoe you'd like to have made that I think would be appropriate to add to my line, I will make it for you at a discounted price. These shoes will most likely run $265 (shipped) and will be offered based on foot measurements and diagrams, not just shoe size.

The offer is $195 for a custom pair made of calf leather, one or two colours for low shoes (custom boots can be discussed as well, but they will be a little higher in price). Have a look at my site for some colour options: https://host385.ipowerweb.com/~indyprop/osCommerce/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=54 Other leather colours are available that are not yet shown on my site including white, beige, ocre, mustard and navy.

Special features, such as punched leather (oxford detailing), or fabric/leather combinations, may be $5-10 extra.

For style ideas, I'd recommend you to Marc's thread: http://www.thefedoralounge.net/showthread.php?t=8397

E-mail, PM me or post here if you're interested.

Kind regards,
Indy

How about two tones with real white buck?

Regards,

J

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Benny Holiday said:
Indy, if you can re-create the 'Leland' . . . then count me in!

Ok... you're in! ;) All I'll need is a high-res scan of that picture (do you want to beg Marc, or should I?). The extra work in the toe will likely run the extra $10 (making the total $205). Go ahead and e-mail me if you'd like to discuss colour options, measurements, etc...

James... sorry, we'll only be slaughtering baby cows to make these shoes. [huh]

Kind regards,
Indy

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Those thick soles of Re-Mix's are from the rockabilly influence. Actually, some dress shoes from the '20s and '30s had thick soles, but they were in the minority. I once saw a bunch of 1930s wingtip spectators with yellowish textured rubber soles and heels. The kind of clumpy rubber that looks like dried stucco paste, only yellow. Weird-looking.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Matt Deckard said:
As long as they have a regular sole and not that gargantuan thing Re-Mix has on their shoes it might be a grand idea. I look forward to seeing the outcome.

No, indeed. They would have standard flat soles.

Marc, thanks in advance for the scan... you can e-mail it to me if you like.

Kind regards,
Indy

gimmesomeshelte

Familiar Face
Indy-

I've bought a lot of things over the internet, but never custom shoes. Given that you're on one half of the world, and I'm on the other, how would you make sure that the last you're using would fit my foot?

Thanks for your time.

Paul

PS. I bit the bullet and ordered a pair of shell cordovan Allen Edmonds. I can hardly wait. :D

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Now I'm excited!

Indy Magnoli said:
Ok... you're in! ;) All I'll need is a high-res scan of that picture (do you want to beg Marc, or should I?). The extra work in the toe will likely run the extra $10 (making the total $205). Go ahead and e-mail me if you'd like to discuss colour options, measurements, etc...

Thanks for sending the scan through Marc. Indy, I'll send you a PM regarding colours etc this afternoon (Sydney time). I've got a buddy who'd love a pair too, I'll be sure to tell him about your project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy