Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Shoe Guinea Pigs Needed

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
They look sharp! Question is, how comfortable are they? Whoever buys the first pair, please let us know!

Brad

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
I'm still looking for some guinea pigs, so I've added some official specials on my site based on Marc's scans:

https://host385.ipowerweb.com/~indyprop/osCommerce/catalog/specials.php

These specials will remain up until someone takes the offer, except for the Adventure Boots which will only be on sale for one week.

The same basic price scheme applies for other one-off custom shoes, so e-mail me if you are looking for a specific style.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Here is pair of bespoke shoes for one of our "guinea pigs"; reproductions of a pair of 50s "snapjacks":

snapjacks.jpg

Kind regards,
Indy

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Indy Magnoli said:
Here is pair of bespoke shoes for one of our "guinea pigs"; reproductions of a pair of 50s "snapjacks":

snapjacks.jpg

Kind regards,
Indy
Consider this guinea pig ECSTATIC!!! Thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
I think you might have a guinea pig here for the field boots - very nice!

Edit: Is the lacing on the foot of the field boots water (or at least mud) tight?

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]I think you might have a guinea pig here for the field boots - very nice!

Edit: Is the lacing on the foot of the field boots water (or at least mud) tight?[/QUOTE]

Doc,

I'd say we could make them relatively "mud tight" by having the tongue piece behind the laces. If you're interested in getting these, you'll get the listed price of $276.25 (which 15% off the regular price of $325). Once we get yours made, the price will go back up to $325. S/h is included in the price. Feel free to PM or e-mail me with questions on specifics.

Kind regards,
Indy

jml90

One of the Regulars
Magnoli I think the Bromfield would be better without the white throat Spectators aswell

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
After a pair of gents 20s/30s dress boots

Anyone have some reference photos for these, as I'm keen to get a pair made. Looking at either a classic vintage brown or black, laced up the ankle (I like the support a good boot gives), lined with glove leather, leather sole, low quarter. Deliberating about whether to have an Oxford plain toe cap, or leave it plain (?). (Don't want any brogue brocade dressing it).
Likes of Churches, Grensons, Trickers, Loakes..etc, are charging silly bucks for these, and they are a modern boot essentially.

Any good photos/images would be appreciated. And advice on the styling too. I'd be wearing them with a suit or a good pair of moleskin pants.

Just loving this thread, and Indy...(those riding boots/Field boots, are the best!!! love them!!!!!).

Regards, Paddy.

Molorom

Familiar Face
So,

You can make a pair of black captoe boots?
Thats really what ive been waiting for, for a very long time.
I've settled with aldens, but thats the type ive been looking for.
Whats the starting cost?
Adam

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Sure thing! Normally these would cost $275, but as a guinea pig I could do them for you for only $225 (shipping included). E-mail or PM me if you're interested and we can discuss the details.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

shoe_pup

New in Town
I'm intrigued

I've just read Capt. Krunch's review of the boots and how they compare to his Alden. http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=9190 . Other than his raves, I have a couple of other questions:

1. Krunch speaks higly of the quality of leather. I assume this is calfskin and not corrected grain, no?

2. What kind of welted construction do these shoes have?

3. What are the materials used in the midsole? In there a lined insole?

4. Is the lining of the shoe calfskin, pigskin, a combination, or something else?

Anything else you could tell me about the construction and quality of these shoes would be much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy