Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer experiences with Aero Leather

53Effie

A-List Customer
I have been following this thread with interest for awhile and thought I would post a comment. My wife ordered my Highwayman through Aero USA. I may be one of the lucky ones, but everything went as scheduled. The jacket was ordered in mid-August for pre-Christmas delivery and it was on time...Well, I guess a week or so later than iniitially planned, but still on time. It is not the stock pattern either, but was ordered with a one piece back. They got the fit just right the first time as well; so, I guess my first experience was quite positive. She followed up once with Mark and he was helpful, so overall a good experience.

1911 Man

A-List Customer
I have just sent an email to Amanda to appeal to her for help. I explained my situation, and asked her to look into my order. I know Mark orders in bundles, and does not order in specific customers names, but my order is unique enough that I think she will be able to find it. I described it to her in detail.

I will post any response I get.

1911 Man

A-List Customer
53Effie said:
I have been following this thread with interest for awhile and thought I would post a comment. My wife ordered my Highwayman through Aero USA. I may be one of the lucky ones, but everything went as scheduled. The jacket was ordered in mid-August for pre-Christmas delivery and it was on time...Well, I guess a week or so later than iniitially planned, but still on time. It is not the stock pattern either, but was ordered with a one piece back. They got the fit just right the first time as well; so, I guess my first experience was quite positive. She followed up once with Mark and he was helpful, so overall a good experience.

My first two experiences with Mark were very positive. For some reason this order just fell into jacket purgatory.

Oddly enough, I am having no luck lately with substantial purchase orders. In January, I ordered a Breitling watch through a dealer in California. I was told 2-8 weeks. At 9 weeks I contacted them to inquire, and was told "no definite time frame, hopefully soon." At 14 weeks, I simply cancelled the order. I went to a local dealer just this last Friday to order the same watch. I had to pay a little more, but he told me 1-2 weeks. We'll see. :rolleyes:

1911 Man

A-List Customer
So I just heard back from Amanda, she confirmed they have my order, and it will be ready to leave the factory at the end of next week.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed for me.

53Effie

A-List Customer
Sounds good. I'm hoping it works out just right for you this time. You've certainly had a long wait. I had some commumication last Fall with Amanda about a jacket I bought on Ebay and she was very helpful. Probably went the extra mile actually, since I had not purchased the jacket from the company.

mh

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
ukali1066 said:
I'm still waiting for a jacket relining that I sent them in January 2009 !!!

That's not right ... You really should have insisted upon a straight answer a long time ago. What's stopping you? ;)

jimmer_5

Practically Family
I found out this morning that my ACE Half Belt has shipped out from Aero! It looks like mine will end up taking just about 6 months - not the shortest wait, but definitely not the longest. Now to wait for it to cross the pond.....

How long does it generally take for a jacket to go from Scotland to the US? It's making a stop with Mark Moye before it comes to me, so I'll have to cound on that as well. I am tempted to send him an extra 20 bucks or so to expedite it......

jimmer_5

Practically Family
1911 Man said:
Reading and commenting over the last year on this very thread, I have noticed a general pattern. If you order through Aero Scotland direct, wait times are much shorter. Again, it is a general pattern, but those who order through Aero USA are the ones that have been subject to much longer wait times.

I have been trying to see a pattern here, and truthfully it seems pretty random to me. Some people wait 6 months, some 3 months, some a whole year. The Aero USA orders do seem to take longer as a group, but I'm also seeing UK orders that are taking up to a year. I hav ereally tried to find rhyme or reason for why some take longer than others, but I can't figure it out.

My ACE jacket had a small amount of customization (longer sleeves and body, 30's HB shoulder yoke, no pleats at the belt, 4 pockets), and it took about 6 months. I have a tracking number from Mark, and I should have it in hand in about 6 days now. I'm pretty excited and will post pics when I have it.

westinghouse

One of the Regulars
I just received my Highwayman in the mail after 12 weeks and I am blown away. The fit and finish are astounding. I like it so much that I also ordered a brown Highwayman. I will post pics as soon as I can.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another data point

I ordered my Hercules through Mark Moye at the beginning of January. Still haven't seen it or heard
that it has shipped. Not a lot of custom- no hand warmer pockets,
no storm cuffs, one inside pocket.

I did get my bing cash back.

andy richards

Practically Family
I am sorry to hear, Feltfan. For me that seems a long time waiting...
As I live in Europe I order directly at Aero just by dropping an email to Amanda. The longest time I've ever waited for a jacket (LHB) was about 10 weeks... Normally it would be between 5 - 7 weeks before shipping. I am total satisfied with Aero. Every email is promply answered, changes in placed orders is never a problem and their service is excellent IMHO.
Could it be possible that because of import duties to the US you have to wait longer?
Andy

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
andy richards said:
Could it be possible that because of import duties to the US you have to wait longer?
Andy
No idea. I have never received an explanation.
Judging from some of the posts here, it sounds like one
receives a note from Amanda when the jacket leaves Scotland
and then a note when it is shipped from Mark Moye. But this, too,
is not clear. So it's hard to figure out what explains the wait.

I sure hope it fits after all this time.

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
GriffDeLaGriff said:
And may I ask why the sleeves and body were too short?

I also wonder how it happened to 1911 Man and Ace rimmer.

How did you 3 guys come to the conclusion about the length
of the body and sleeves with Aero?

Sorry I missed this post. I have been traveling. To clarify, the out-of-spec measurement for my Veste de Rallye was the circumference, not the length of the body or sleeves.

I got the measurement for my body and sleeves from my other Aero, a Highwayman. I wanted the same length sleeves so I mentioned that in my email.

For the length, the VdR is clearly a longer jacket than the Highwayman. Being shorter than average, I did not want the longer coat to swallow me up so I took a measuring tape, taped it to the base of the neck of my Highwayman, and sent a pic of me (from the back) wearing the jacket with the measuring tape to Aero with a specific length. Aero got this measurement dead-on.

[WARNING: do NOT repeat my mistake and use tape on your Aero jacket. Scotch tape will remove some of the finish. I was lucky in that my screw-up did not affect a large area of my Highwayman. ]

The off-spec measurement was the circumference. I specified a certain measurement and it came back significantly larger. I gave a range but the jacket was wider (by 6"+) than the upper end of the range. Not being a "wide" guy (size 32 waist) the VdR ended up being overly baggy. This is even after sizing down one from my usual size -- my chest tapes out at 42 but I ordered a size 40. Mark/Aero were extremely nice about it and they said send it right back.

As an update, I sent back my Highwayman for the zipper repair on May 8. When I called Aero to let them know it was coming they said they would send back my Veste de Rallye at the same time. I guess I won't be seeing either of my Aeros any time soon but it's not a big deal because it's too hot to wear either one of them.

I only hope I get them back by late fall 2010. I am at 12 weeks (approximately) on the Veste de Rallye, as it was sent back on February 20, 2010. Waiting is the hardest part!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Great servcice

When I got my Irvin last year, AERO was in such a hurry shipping it out to me, that they forgot to mount the neckchain.
On the other hand I was keen to wear it, since the days were getting colder and winter was around the corner.
Now - as the temperatures are rizing - I called Amanda, and asked what we should do about it.
I shipped my Irvin to Scotland yesterday - AERO payed the postage both ways.
And I am expecting it back any day now.
Piece of Cake!!!

Edit: Jacket came back this morning (May 28th) - now with neckchain. Nice!!!!

jimmer_5

Practically Family
1911 Man said:
So I just heard back from Amanda, she confirmed they have my order, and it will be ready to leave the factory at the end of next week.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed for me.

Hey, did you ever get your jacket? I think ours were shipping about a week apart. (Also, where in Utah are you located? I'm in SLC)

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
Got an attempted COD delivery today from Great Britain. Hopefully this means my Veste de Rallye is finally fixed.

If this is my jacket, Aero sent it cash on delivery! So between the $65 I paid to mail it to Scotland, I have to pay an extra $75 COD. $140 in shipping charges, to fix a jacket that Aero failed to make correctly to begin with? [huh] Let's see what it is before I over-react on this one. lol

1911 Man

A-List Customer
jimmer_5 said:
Hey, did you ever get your jacket? I think ours were shipping about a week apart. (Also, where in Utah are you located? I'm in SLC)

Live in Lehi, work in SLC.

Yes! I did get my jacket. It actually arrived last week, I've just been so busy I haven't even had time to photograph it, much less post photos. I hope to get some photos taken over the weekend and post. They really nailed it perfectly, it's exactly what I wanted, and I am very happy with it. It will take some breaking in, so hopefully I'll get that old motorcycle running. I figure some long distances at 60 mph in the sun will soften it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats