Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer experiences with Aero Leather

westinghouse

One of the Regulars
My first Aero took 12 weeks to receive, the second one will be here next week only one month after I placed the order. Now that's service!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
westinghouse, who did you bribe?

Ordered beginning of January. Still no word.
No response on my last query to Aero USA over a week ago.

At this point, with the warm weather here, I'm most concerned
that I know in advance when it is coming, so it doesn't get stolen
off my front porch.

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
Ace Rimmer said:
Got an attempted COD delivery today from Great Britain. Hopefully this means my Veste de Rallye is finally fixed.

If this is my jacket, Aero sent it cash on delivery! So between the $65 I paid to mail it to Scotland, I have to pay an extra $75 COD. $140 in shipping charges, to fix a jacket that Aero failed to make correctly to begin with? [huh] Let's see what it is before I over-react on this one. lol

I'd like to give a :eusa_clap to Aero after the above update.

Seems like the COD package was not my long-awaited Veste de Rallye, but it was my Aero Highwayman, which was returned less than three weeks before. The main zipper on my Highwayman, while having been worn for less than one season, had broken and would no longer zip up. I returned it to Aero and to be honest I was not expecting to see it for another three months or so. However, Aero did a bang up job in replacing the zipper and returning it to me in less than three weeks total! The COD charge was for $75 and if that's all it took to fix and ship the jacket back to the US, I'm a happy camper.

Furthermore, a week later I received my Veste de Rallye back from Aero via Mark Moye. I did not have to pay for return shipping. As requested, they incorporated a taper (to my original specifications) and slimmed the jacket down by 3" total. The jacket fits great now and I'm glad to finally have it in my hands. I'll have to get some pics up in Jan's 3/4 length jacket thread.

Final summary for my Vest de Rallye:

Paid: May 11, 2009
Ordered: June 24, 2009 (Aero USA)
Received: January 29, 2010
Returned: Feb 20, 2010 (directly to Scotland, not to Aero USA, via USPS Int'l Express)
Received: June 4, 2010

Total time (including shipping and returns): 43 weeks, or just a week shy of 11 months.

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
univibe88 said:
Ok Ace, let's see some pictures!

univibe, sorry I have been lax in getting pics up. It's very hot here (90 degrees F). I'll have to get some pics up soon.

PSA: the Bing Cash Back program is ending in July 2010. If you want to save 8% off an Aero jacket ordered from Aero's USA ebay store, you'd better do it this month! Even though 8% is rather paltry compared to the previous offerings at 20% and 30%, that's a $54 discount when it comes to a new Highwayman ($799 * 0.08).

k449

New in Town
This is my third jacket purchase from Aero. The first two were awhile back and I dealt exclusively with Ken. I ordered a brown FQHH Longshoreman with a tweed lining, and later a cordovan Barnstormer which I traded in a little less than four months ago towards a customised Grizzly in Brown vintage FQHH with rust mouton. This time around I dealt with Amanda. She was very helpful, and the jacket is ready. I have just sent payment info to her and I'm guessing I'll have the jacket in 2-3 weeks. So far all my experiences as a customer have been great. Hopefully when it arrives it will fit as well as the longshoreman, and the many modifications I asked for will have been done as well. I'll likely post pictures in the Grizzly thread once it has arrived.

Just received my first Aero jacket..a brown FQHH Highwayman.
Ordered March 29th through Mark at Aero USA.
Received today...July 22.

The jacket turned out perfect.
During the order process I was concerned about how well the fit would turn out. Ended up being spot on perfect.
Aero asked me for what back length I would like. I measured from the collar seam of a dress shirt down to where I wanted the jacket to end, sent that measurement in.
Heard back from Aero that that looked way too short..and they recommended a longer back. I went with what they recommended...glad I did. The jacket actually ended up right where I wanted it in the first place.
The measurements I sent in would have been too short. Not sure what I did with my measurement. Perhaps I should have measured the back length on a leather jacket rather than a dress shirt?

In short, could not be happier with the jacket and service.

narwhale

New in Town
Congrats, Jeff. Can't wait to see some pictures.

It's always good to hear about someone who ordered before me getting his jacket. :) Looks like I'm about a month away if they keep pace, though it will probably be a little more once I take into account the August holiday.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Congrats on your new jacket purchase, Jeff... also can't wait to see pics plus the pics of Narwale's new jacket (which jacket are you getting, Narwale?)

k449 - Would love to see pics of your Longshoreman... I'm really liking that style as of late.

My only experience with Aero thus far is my FQHH Aero NYPD purchase and I'm absolutely blown away by the top notch quality and service I received from both Mark Moye of Aeroleather USA and Amanda and company at Aero Scotland. My jacket was made on schedule and received by me a bit earlier than the anticipated 12 week wait period... I will not hesitate to buy from them again. :)

narwhale

New in Town
Navin323i said:
Congrats on your new jacket purchase, Jeff... also can't wait to see pics plus the pics of Narwale's new jacket (which jacket are you getting, Narwale?)

Navin, I'm getting a brown FQHH Long Half Belt.

too much coffee

Practically Family
Ace;

Good question..........why also don't they list the various A-2s and the Irvin.
Could it be they only want to sell to the U.S. market what THEY want to sell? If so, Why?
I know a lot of forum members have gotten satisfactory or even excellent service from Aero USA, but it seems to me most, not all, of the lengthy waits for jackets come from ordering from the USA site.

coffee out

regius

can anyone post some pictures of them wearing AERO leather? exactly how good is AERO horsehide compared with Lost Worlds? or Schott's?

Dav

One Too Many
Hi regius and welcome to the Flounge.
If you do a search I'm sure you will find lots of Aeros being worn, but here's one of me to be going on with.
0109.jpg

slicker63

Familiar Face
K449.... would love to see a picture of that Grizzly of yours..... and how you customised it....I ordered one 4 weeks ago... and it's noot too,late to make some changes... thanxx

Edward

Bartender
Ace;

Good question..........why also don't they list the various A-2s and the Irvin.
Could it be they only want to sell to the U.S. market what THEY want to sell? If so, Why?

I don't imagine there's any great conspiracy to it. I would expect that they primarily target the US market with what they believe will sell there. There's a lot of local competition, after all, in the US when it comes to the military jackets, and a lot of folks out there who place a specific value in buying their A2 from a company who manufactures in the US. Much less competition on the market for Aero's civilians jackets.

regius

Dav, that i amazing! how i want time to go back to when i was in england, i didn't even know of his aero cmpany back then! i had been to a town quite near AERO without realising how clos i was to heaven!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925