Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer experiences with Aero Leather

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
I return home from a late night shooting Scorcese's "Boardwalk Empire" to find a package had arrived while I was working. Yes, the long awaited Long Half Belt. I'll post a full review in a new thread shortly...

Tommer

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Hello, HD: Yes, it is funny, and Southernwayfare,

your points are well made, logical extensions of my earlier comments. To respond to your queries: of course, I'd much rather have my jacket sooner than later, but, I'll wait, 'cause it is an Aero.

The flaws part...well, it depends on the flaws. Everyone has their own gauge of what is too badly flawed to wear, and you take it from there.

The storm knits...yeah, pretty much, I took a pair of scissor and cut them out. It's my jacket; the jacket fits better, feels better, and no one will ever know...well, except for everyone on the FL, and all the people you tell :) .

I've worn beat up second- and third-hand leather jackets for most of the last forty years, so the notion of a new, pristine, perfect jacket is still a novelty to me. I'll tell you what Southern, as I said, I'm waiting on a custom Bootlegger. When it arrives, sometime before 'Terminator IX' is released, I hope, I'll post pics, and give an assessment of its merits and flaws. I hope there are tons of the former and none of the latter, but, I'll report. And, if there are storm cuffs, even though I ordered 'NO storm cuffs', well, you know what comes next lol.

Thanks for taking time to respond to my post, both HD and southernwayfarer. I learn something from everyone here at FL.

fkl118

New in Town
fkl118 said:
1. Ordered Feb 20, 2009
2. From Aero Scotland.
3. Received July 6, 2009
4. FQHH Long half belt.

Updated. Received today July 6, 2009. It looks great and has all the minor modifications I asked for.

bobjones

A-List Customer
Southernwayfare said:
Looks like my new Vintage Brown FQHH Cheyenne is waiting at the PO for me!
Unfortunately I can't pick it up until tomorrow after 1pm. Well the wait just makes it better. I'll post pics in the next few days.

FYI, this is the replacement for the coat discussed in this thread -
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=42046

That's interesting, I wonder who's working on the jackets as I thought all of Aero has been shut down for a week and a half - maybe gremlins? :)

bobjones

A-List Customer
JLStorm said:
I was told by Amanda that they close for 3 weeks as of this friday.

Yes, from July 3rd for the next 3 weeks - Aero on vacation...

My replacement Highwayman won't be started to be constructed until August, which I told Will was fine. As an Aero "veteran," I know what's coming is superb - so I can wait...

JLStorm

Practically Family
bobjones said:
Yes, from July 3rd for the next 3 weeks - Aero on vacation...

My replacement Highwayman won't be started to be constructed until August, which I told Will was fine. As an Aero "veteran," I know what's coming is superb - so I can wait...

Im in the same boat. Im waiting on one new jacket that hasnt been started yet, and making some changes / additions to an aero I sent back a few months back.

bobjones

A-List Customer
JLStorm said:
Im in the same boat. Im waiting on one new jacket that hasnt been started yet, and making some changes / additions to an aero I sent back a few months back.

I had told Will in no uncertain terms not to start mine until AFTER they got back, the last thing I needed was for them to do a last minute rush to get it out the door and to have some other issue with it. Better to let them take their time get it right.

As a side note, I've begun planning a trip to the UK next year with the animals in tow (that's the wife and 2 kids to you single folk), and a visit to Scotland's own Galashiels will most certainly be a part of the voyage.

If nothing else, I will be measured to the millimeter by Will's team, so that they will always have my measurements for future purchases.

Southernwayfare

One of the Regulars
bobjones said:
I had told Will in no uncertain terms not to start mine until AFTER they got back, the last thing I needed was for them to do a last minute rush to get it out the door and to have some other issue with it. Better to let them take their time get it right.

I was worried about the same thing. Amanda assured me it would be done right. They made my new coat in less than 14 days and its flawless. Impressive.

1911 Man

A-List Customer
So I've emailed Mark a couple times the last few weeks, and got no response. I hope he is enjoying vacation time as well, while the factory takes time off. I just hope he gets back to me when they come back to work. Any one know when they re-open?

bbc1969

Familiar Face
They reopen on Aug. 3rd.

Mark thought my jacket was going to be done prior to the factory closure, but evidently was not.

I emailed him yesterday afternoon asking that it be held my him (if it delivers to him early in August) as I am going on vacation for a few weeks in August and didn't want it sitting on my porch.

He emailed me back today(he does not send anything without touching base first-which is good). I took it he has been on vacation as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn