Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer experiences with Aero Leather

Fenton

Familiar Face
univibe88 said:
You are probably in for a few more weeks. They are several people in this thread who ordered in Jan/Feb who are still waiting (myself included)

thanks for that input - as disheartening as it is. Have you contacted Aero meanwhile? The fact which annoys me is that other than 'beeing busy' they haven't stated any reason for the delays with my order. However, if 'being busy' essentially amounts to delays in the range of 3 months (or more!!!), then my personal opinion as to how a company should deal with its customers certainly doesn't chime with Aero's policy.

Fenton

bbc1969

Familiar Face
univibe88 said:
You are probably in for a few more weeks. They are several people in this thread who ordered in Jan/Feb who are still waiting (myself included)

I ordered on March 9th, and was told to expect at least 8-12 (2-3 months) revised as up to 4 months I recall.

I ordered thru Aero USA, and got word from Mark that he is expecting mine in his next couple of shipments prior to the factory going on holiday in July.

So if this holds true, we should see some jackets delivered soon

univibe88

One Too Many
I was quoted 12 weeks when I ordered. Even though I am at 16 weeks now I haven't bothered to inquire. It is summer anyway and me bugging them isn't going to make it get here any faster.

bbc1969

Familiar Face
Fenton said:
thanks for that input - as disheartening as it is. Have you contacted Aero meanwhile? The fact which annoys me is that other than 'beeing busy' they haven't stated any reason for the delays with my order. However, if 'being busy' essentially amounts to delays in the range of 3 months (or more!!!), then my personal opinion as to how a company should deal with its customers certainly doesn't chime with Aero's policy.

Fenton

Can you clarify? Are you commenting on the fact they have not contacted you to keep you advised, or that fact that they cant get the jackets out quicker? The reason I ask is that I was told up front that it would be in the 8-12 week, then within days (before final details of order) that it could be up to the four month mark.

I dont know what they can do to be "quicker" with a quality garment..... Even hiring more employees won't do the trick as they will surely not be able to turn out top quality garments without time under their belts...........

Fenton

Familiar Face
bbc1969 said:
Can you clarify? Are you commenting on the fact they have not contacted you to keep you advised, or that fact that they cant get the jackets out quicker? The reason I ask is that I was told up front that it would be in the 8-12 week, then within days (before final details of order) that it could be up to the four month mark.

I dont know what they can do to be "quicker" with a quality garment..... Even hiring more employees won't do the trick as they will surely not be able to turn out top quality garments without time under their belts...........

When I ordered the jacket way back in March I had Will on the phone and he told me that, given how much orders they have to process right now, it'd take up to 6 weeks. Thus, according to that outlook, the jacket should have arrived at around mid-May. Because it still hasn't arrived I contacted them this week just to make sure things are alright and also to get their opinion on how much longer it might take. As a reply, I got their ominous 'being busy' email, neither stating what causes the delay (of course apart from 'being busy') nor how much longer it'll take. I suppose that email is what ticked me off.

Sorry guys for ranting about Aero's customer service. I'm pretty sure they're brilliant in other cases and judging from what I've read their products must be superb. But still I don't think that having to wait 3 or more months for a leather jacket (regardless whether it deserves to be called a 'work of art') is appropriate nor comprehensible.

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
Its not just Aero, Eastman is in the same boat as well, it took 11 weeks for me to receive my jacket. While I am extremely satisfied with the final product, and I understand the low value of the pound at the moment is creating a backlog, I think both companies should be a bit more upfront with the wait times.

bbc1969

Familiar Face
Fenton said:
Sorry guys for ranting about Aero's customer service. I'm pretty sure they're brilliant in other cases and judging from what I've read their products must be superb. But still I don't think that having to wait 3 or more months for a leather jacket (regardless whether it deserves to be called a 'work of art') is appropriate nor comprehensible.

I understand and agree... realistic timeframes should be advised, and canned emails dont help.

bobjones

A-List Customer
In defense of Aero, if you look at Mark's Aero page on Ebay, he does say it will be 3 months or more, into the Fall actually, so he has been giving people a heads up.

JLStorm

Practically Family
When I ordered in May, I was told 10 weeks to wait. That most probably doesnt count the 2-3 weeks they take off in July (I think its July), nor does it count any unexpected events, shortage in skins, VIP orders (Im sure they exist), etc.

When they told me 10 weeks, I figured on 16 - 18. Ordering a custom jacket is like ordering a custom car...timelines are estimates at best in my experience.

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Tommer45 said:
The end is finally in sight! My jacket is scheduled to leave the factory next shipment.

Tommer

Funny how that was on 6/4... and 3 weeks later I'm still waiting. On 6/4 I was told I'd be contacted when the jacket left the factory after Aero's 10-day holiday (on it's way to Aero USA, and then to me).. and nothing yet. This better be one special jacket. Am I starting to lose patience? Yes. But after nearly 6 months I think I'm allowed.

Tommer

JLStorm

Practically Family
Tommer45 said:
Funny how that was on 6/4... and 3 weeks later I'm still waiting. On 6/4 I was told I'd be contacted when the jacket left the factory after Aero's 10-day holiday (on it's way to Aero USA, and then to me).. and nothing yet. This better be one special jacket. Am I starting to lose patience? Yes. But after nearly 6 months I think I'm allowed.

Tommer

Thats a bit much...at 4 - 5 months Id call or email and at least get a reason for the delay.

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
I try not to be a pain in the butt... I emailed after 10 weeks (because my initial quote was 8 weeks) and was told to sit tight and try to forget about it until it shows up. Then I emailed again early this month and that's when I was told it was leaving Aero on the next shipment. I know I'm justified emailing a third time, but who knows. Right now I'm so busy with work that this month is flying by. The jacket will be here before I know it and all will be forgotten. I just wish every business had as amazing customer service as Langlitz.. at least if there was a delay they'd let me know immediately.

Tommer

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
^^ Dang, Tommer ... I thought I was the odd man out at a 25 week wait! I ordered about 5-6 weeks before you did (early December 2008). I hope you'll see your jacket soon.

jack miranda

A-List Customer
I ordered a custom Bootlegger in late May.

I'm not even thinking about getting the jacket until the end of September. If it isn't here by Halloween, I'll start to pace the floor; if not by Thanksgiving (late November to you folks in Europe), I'll begin to chew my nails. Good things take time--scotch, wine, Aero jackets. I'd rather wait four months for a jacket from Aero than two weeks for a jacket from anybody else, 'cause I know when it gets here and I open that box, and put the jacket on for the first time...it will have been worth the wait, every moment of it. :)

bbc1969

Familiar Face
Southernwayfare said:
Does the wait time depend on the type of jacket/coat ordered? I wonder if the craftsmen at Aero specialize at all?

I'm thinking this has to be a major player in this. Options or special requests for modifications must play some part as well. If this is not the case, then it is at best very odd that folks who ordered back in 08 are still waiting and people who ordered when I did in say February/March have jackets in their hands!

rnrswitch

New in Town
Maybe the powers that be are reading this thread and reporting on who has been naughty and who has been nice. If you complain, straight to the back of the line, if you don't, "Well then, Here is your jacket."

Just kidding.

I was in the same boat as a lot of you. Somewhat disappointed in how long it was taking, but opening that package up made me forget completely how long I had waited.

I have been leaving the windows open at night to try to get it as cold as possible in my house, just as an excuse to wear it.

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
I'm really not complaining about the wait, just the lack of communication. I just think I've been spoiled by the amazing customer service of other jacket manufacturers and with Aero it's been like pulling teeth to get an accurate timeframe. If they told me 6 months right off the bat I'd be perfectly fine with it, but to continually tell me to just hang on a couple more weeks is getting a bit frustrating. On the bright side I'll have all summer to break in the jacket for fall (that is IF the jacket gets here by fall!).

Tommer

Fenton

Familiar Face
Tommer45 said:
I'm really not complaining about the wait, just the lack of communication. I just think I've been spoiled by the amazing customer service of other jacket manufacturers and with Aero it's been like pulling teeth to get an accurate timeframe. If they told me 6 months right off the bat I'd be perfectly fine with it, but to continually tell me to just hang on a couple more weeks is getting a bit frustrating. On the bright side I'll have all summer to break in the jacket for fall (that is IF the jacket gets here by fall!).

Tommer

can only second that! As good as Aero may be, there lack of communication in this matter is astounding!

Southernwayfare

One of the Regulars
jack miranda said:
I'm not even thinking about getting the jacket until the end of September. If it isn't here by Halloween, I'll start to pace the floor; if not by Thanksgiving (late November to you folks in Europe), I'll begin to chew my nails. Good things take time--scotch, wine, Aero jackets. I'd rather wait four months for a jacket from Aero than two weeks for a jacket from anybody else, 'cause I know when it gets here and I open that box, and put the jacket on for the first time...it will have been worth the wait, every moment of it. :)

Got it. You are happy with 24 week delivery times, defects are not a problem, and you cut storm cuffs out with your knife.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn