Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer experiences with Bill Kelso

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
"Two months for completing a custom order is very fast. In comparison, Good Wear has waiting times of one year." [huh]

Aerojoe….include me as one who is on the "wait list" from Good Wear ..8 months & counting ..:p

"My take on following up emails is that I prefer to let the maker do his job than having a weekly email explaining me the state of my order :D Let them do more leather jackets."[/QUOTE]

Totally agree on this & the manner that Vickie & John have treated with me is to be…. :eusa_clap

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I received a message yesterday with regards to Hurricane Sandy that has severely affected the mid-Atlantic
& northeast regions of the country.
Asking of me to be patient ,communications at this time may have hindered delays or shipments of orders.
To all my fellow members up there & everyone….if you can read this…my thoughts & prayers go out to you.
2jakes

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Aerojoe….include me as one who is on the "wait list" from Good Wear ..8 months & counting ..:p

Yeah, I haven't purchase a GW yet but I have talked with John and wife, very nice people both. One year of waiting time is a total deal breaker for me. In one year can happen anything, like a hurricane...

Brettafett

One Too Many
Thanks for all your comments. We appreciate the feedback, negative or positive and keep trying improve our services.
Regarding follow up, we try our best, but there's only one of us handling the correspondence, while doing many other tasks at the same time.
Some customers just send us 2 emails, one with their order and one to say "thank you" when they receive it and others send us 50 emails (no exaggeration) before they even order. We try to treat everybody the same and we want the customers to be satisfied with the service and happy with the jackets. We consider our customers to be our friends as we are all passionate about the same thing, the jackets. We love the jackets, we are not just the maker, we are also big fans.

I am probably of of those 50 ;-)
I guess answering the same questions every other day could be one of the more annoying aspects of the job, besides suppliers and holidays :eusa_doh:
However, I have bled for the cash I am handing out for these jackets. Have had too any disappointments in the past over fit and length issues and have become a little pedantic.
Not a bad thing really, I have learnt so much and recon I have found a good benchmark regs my personal fit and length and how I want the jacket to fit, which added to the help and advice from the Vendors, should go a long way to helping find the best jacket yet!

To even be in this business one would need to be passionate about these jackets. I will add that Andy has answered my questions consistently, despite all that goes on behind the scenes (Do you ever sleep Andy ? ;-) and this shows commitment.

I look forward to posting a thread here displaying on of your jackets with two thumbs up!
Speak soon ;-P

JLStorm

Practically Family
Wow. Just wow. I thought I had seen the worst of vendor attitude and rudeness from one of our American jacket makers, but this takes the cake. What has been said in this thread from the company representative is enough to convince me never to buy from them. A growing number of companies make great jackets in this price range, but only a few of them have great customer service. For me (and most others) its a combination of the two that sell the product. Just like buying a car, its not just the object, its also the relationship.

What a joke. Hope you like the looks and quality of your jacket, because it sure doesnt seem there's much else to like with this company from reading their overly defensive retorts and half-hearted attempt at an apology.

I just cannot get over this. I would expect better tact and communication skills from an upstart run by teenagers out of their parents garage. But then again, since they don't want the business, I guess they have nothing to lose. Must be nice to have that much net revenue.. :eusa_doh:

kojax

Practically Family
i think customer service is very good. andy replies very fast when you email him i think that is very good. i oreded a a-2 jacket from i am wainting for it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters