Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute vintage style shoes at Torrid!

artdecodame

One of the Regulars
Awwh, the green slingbacks are now only available in size 10. (Says this gal with a 6N foot.) :( Oh, well.

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
Thanks for posting this, Lauren.

My size 10 feet lucked out, and I bought the green slingbacks. I can't wait to try them on.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
You're welcome gals! Vanessa and I both got the white ones too! lol
We could all do a chorus line or something :D

Nashoba

One Too Many
They don't have any in my size :cry: my feet are tiny. I wear a 5.5 - 6....but I did start a huge wish list on Zappos yesterday....my husband tends to spoil me when he's deployed, I figure since he's leaving in a couple weeks I might as well have my wishlist ready. He was thouroughly amused by this

Nash

Lauren

Just got the white shoes today, and while I LOVE them, they are in wide widths and I wear a narrow width :( So fair warning. Not sure if that's the standard for them, but just a heads up. I guess these will be "picture only" shoes.

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
The green shoes

599632_hi

It was not meant to be with these cuties. I just received them and they are enormous! I wear a standard size 10 (9 1/2 on a good day) and the Torrid size 10 is more like an 11W. I'm bummed, because they're so adorable, but these have to go back. :(

cherrybombrandy

New in Town
Lauren Henline said:
Not sure if that's the standard for them,

That (sadly for some of you lovely ladies) is the standard. Torrid is actually (thankfully for me) a plus size store for us larger gals. They used to have a ton of vintage-y stuff there, but Wet Seal (or someone like that) bought it, so it's more trendy stuff now. Occasionally they will have some cute retro purses and even more rarely they have really cute dresses. But the shoes are always made wide.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Waiiit you're saying they're all wides? I'm a size 8W and finding cute shoes is always monstrous.

Its not that they're so big, its that they're really wide and even going up a size doesn't always work; I've Hulked out of some shoes, popping the leather on the sides.

Is Torrid the place to look for 8W in cute styles?

Viola

maisie

Practically Family
I love the first ones!! Has anyone got these yet, are they comftable and how do sizes run?

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
Half size to a whole size bigger, and WIDE.

(Found out that clearance items can't be returned. I guess these are going on eBay!)

maisie

Practically Family
Are they true to size, because i'm between a 9 and a 10, but narrow what do you think i would be best to go for??[huh]

Lauren

I also wear a narrow, and between 6.5 and 7. I ordered a 7, but they are definately too big and are Wide widths. But, heck, for $10, I'm not sending them back. I'd say go with the smaller size.

cherrybombrandy

New in Town
I heard a while back that some big company bought both of them, but decided to keep Hot Topic the way it was since "punk" (and i use that term loosely) was in right now.
I could be wrong, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats