Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Talk about great, fast service! I ordered the Re-Mix Ginger shoes from Lori's of Chicago last Friday and they arrived today despite the Monday holiday. I changed my mind on the size at the last minute and they were wonderful about accomodating me.

I really like them. I worried that the strap would be stiff but the leather is very soft, with a barely noticable mottling. The pierced work body of the shoe seems sturdier than I expected and the tones of brown on the shoe look wonderful together. The heel is high but I'd be fine wearing them at work or out to dinner (some of you ladies might be more intrepid).

I got my usual size 9 but because of the heel height I wished I had slip stops to keep my foot from slidng too far into the toe of the shoe and, lo and behold, there they were in the box! I don't know if this was a gift from Re-Mix or from Lori's but I was very grateful I didn't have to go out and spend $3. I'll try to take some pictures later.

PS

A-List Customer
I was holding off on those Re-mix shoes and when I caved my size was sold out! I can't wait to see IRL photos.

What are the thoughts on ballet flats? My vintage is pretty '50s and I know flats were a staple but not sure of the exact points to look for or for that matter stay away from. Thanks.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
Talk about great, fast service! I ordered the Re-Mix Ginger shoes from Lori's of Chicago last Friday and they arrived today despite the Monday holiday. I changed my mind on the size at the last minute and they were wonderful about accomodating me.

I really like them. I worried that the strap would be stiff but the leather is very soft, with a barely noticable mottling. The pierced work body of the shoe seems sturdier than I expected and the tones of brown on the shoe look wonderful together. The heel is high but I'd be fine wearing them at work or out to dinner (some of you ladies might be more intrepid).

I got my usual size 9 but because of the heel height I wished I had slip stops to keep my foot from slidng too far into the toe of the shoe and, lo and behold, there they were in the box! I don't know if this was a gift from Re-Mix or from Lori's but I was very grateful I didn't have to go out and spend $3. I'll try to take some pictures later.

I have that same pair and was impressed with the fabric - it wasn't delicate at all and I think it will hold up, as it appears to be well-crafted into the shoe. The weather has been unusually warm and sunny so I had a chance to wear them at work, including an easy jaunt on my bicycle out to lunch and I was amazed at how comfortable they were. At the end of the day, 10-hours after I had first put them on, they were still comfortable. Hope you enjoy them as much I do!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Wow, it's great to know they were comfortable for that long Lily!

Lily Powers said:
I have that same pair and was impressed with the fabric - it wasn't delicate at all and I think it will hold up, as it appears to be well-crafted into the shoe. The weather has been unusually warm and sunny so I had a chance to wear them at work, including an easy jaunt on my bicycle out to lunch and I was amazed at how comfortable they were. At the end of the day, 10-hours after I had first put them on, they were still comfortable. Hope you enjoy them as much I do!

Emer

One of the Regulars
KittyVonKirsche said:
Great question, Id like to know that too.

Ditto. I know that Audrey Hepburn made them pretty popular in Funny Face. I think that the basic flats were canvas and had a rounded toe--that's what I've seen on the repro sites at least! [huh]

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
*DROOL* If I could find these in my size...... there may be cardlash.

41puBOBMrqL._AA280_.jpg

SassyLindaB

Familiar Face
KittyVonKirsche said:
I dont know if anyones posted about these sites before (I did a search and only Ellie was mentioned once). They do some gorgeous vintage style shoes and vintage feel shoes. Not to everyones taste but a few of you ladies might be interested. I have three pairs of T.U.K shoes and if you order from them be warned.. they are VERY narrow.

http://tukshoes.com/

http://ellieshoes.com/showcase/default.asp

oh my little black and white pair are TUK and they fit fine on my broad foot

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
My Naturalizer shop at the local outlet mall is having a sale. If you have one, look in the clearance section. There are a bunch of cute ones there for less than $20 if I do my math right!!

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
SassyLindaB said:
oh my little black and white pair are TUK and they fit fine on my broad foot
I have three pairs n only one pair fits my broad feet. My mate has a pair that are too narrow for me. One of my pairs doesnt fit her or my 12 year old its that narrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925