Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Help! The dreaded Cankle

Gee there are some cute shoes posted in this thread!

I need a bit of shoe assistance.
I didn't want to start a new thread, thought someone could suggest something here instead.

I am always in search of a good pair of shoes that flatter my legs. I have rather unshapely legs and undefined ankles but am always hoping to find that pair of shoes that can make my legs look better.
Any suggestions for good shoes or perhaps any good styles that might reduce the look of the dreaded Cankle?

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
I think a shoe (not a bootie) with a medium height louis heel with a really curvy heel area (where your actual heel is lodged in the shoe? :eek:) are most flattering for the leg.

Edit: Going back a few posts... something like this or this.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
TessTrueheart said:
For all you Europeans out there who can shop Klingel (http://www.klingel.com) but normally don't because their clothes are just...horrific, take a look at their shoes! Some of them are quite vintagey-looking!

559722H.jpg
how much are these????? i want them SO bad!!!

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Wow, I really like those shoes from Aldo! The brown and tan combo are dreamy.

On a related note - I'll be posting some really nice pairs of larger sized vintage shoes in the classifieds today. A pair of crocodile baby doll pumps, 40s deadstock black heels, 50s pink shoes and a modern pair of wooden carved Lucky LooLoo shoes. Keep an eye out!

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I've about given up finding cute, high-heeled (not hating on ballet flats, but y'know) wide gold shoe in a vintage style for under a hundred dollars. Sandal or pump I don't really care, strappy preferred but clearly beggars can't be choosers. I'm an 8W and I can only find modern styles.

I'm also looking for a Victorian boot or oxford highheel for my sister in an 11.5 or 12 W, also for under a hundred.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Viola said:
I've about given up finding cute, high-heeled (not hating on ballet flats, but y'know) wide gold shoe in a vintage style for under a hundred dollars. Sandal or pump I don't really care, strappy preferred but clearly beggars can't be choosers. I'm an 8W and I can only find modern styles.

I'm also looking for a Victorian boot or oxford highheel for my sister in an 11.5 or 12 W, also for under a hundred.

Sofft makes wide shoes, and this one is $39 on Amazon now. This color is bronze, but there is also a soft gold color. Maybe not as vintage-inspired as you're hoping for, but it's metallic, wide and under a $100. :)

31nUCf%2B9MbL._SS500_.jpg

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Wow those green Mihara's are amazing, one day I might own a pair of her amazing shoes!

I just bought these from Dorothy Perkins in the UK, they have been naughty and copied the Mihara heel I thought they were ever so slightly fab!

DSCF1805.jpg

Tinseltown

A-List Customer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav