Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

crwritt

One Too Many
Anyone help a fella out and tell me if you've ever heard of these makers or know how old they are? I appreciate it--I know nothing about women's shoes, but I loved the skins. Thanks so much for any help, and I'll owe you.

Shenanigans Dark Alligator
16a8cwj.jpg

Shenanigans Light Alligator
20itboo.jpg

Troylings by Seymour Troy snake skin peep-toes
s4rxg4.jpg

Mardi Gras Debs lizard
2rpzkw6.jpg

They are beautiful, and my question to you is: what size are they?

Oh, I just found this listing http://www.myvintagewear.com/servlet/the-5703/vintage-Seymour-Troy-shoes,/Detail They are from the 50's.

Last edited:

flyfishark

Practically Family
They are beautiful, and my question to you is: what size are they?

Oh, I just found this listing http://www.myvintagewear.com/servlet/the-5703/vintage-Seymour-Troy-shoes,/Detail They are from the 50's.

Thanks so much. The dark alligators are 9AA; the light alligators are 9.5AA (these are Shenanigans--the information is handwritten--does this mean it is bench made like men's shoes? Peeptoe snake Troyling is 9AA; and the Mardi Gras Debs lizard is 9AA. My wife wears an 8B, and she can get her foot in one--granted, it would be more comfortable for her if a toe were removed. Really appreciate your response.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
flyfishark, those are all truly gorgeous shoes!! It does make me wonder... were women's feet generally narrower then?? Or is it just a question of what survives? It just seems like all vintage shoes are crazy narrow - it's a nightmare with my chubby little feet!

I just came across these Aris Allen ones, thanks to a tip from Maisie (thanks!).
161-RD-1.jpg

I now want them a lot!! I know many of you have Aris Allen shoes, what is the fit like? Do you buy your normal size?

nosferaturoams

Familiar Face
Hm, what would youy wear "spectator shoes" with? I know the college girls wore them with socks ann skirts but I don't have any vintagey skirts (or vintagey clothes besides a really cute dress) yet :(

nosferaturoams

Familiar Face
Hm, what would youy wear "spectator shoes" with? I know the college girls wore them with socks ann skirts but I don't have any vintagey skirts (or vintagey clothes besides a really cute dress) yet :(

RodeoRose

A-List Customer

Anything, that's the beauty of them! They're pretty versatile; I see thoroughly modern girls at my school wearing similar shoes with skinny jeans and t-shirts; they're also cute with summer dresses.

I love the way Audrey Horne wears them, though:
twin7.jpg

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Anything, that's the beauty of them! They're pretty versatile; I see thoroughly modern girls at my school wearing similar shoes with skinny jeans and t-shirts; they're also cute with summer dresses.

twin7.jpg

Great outfit - I love the Twin Peaks girls' aesthetic (Audrey, Laura and Donna, that is)! It totally went over my head when I saw it originally, but I see so many things in it now. Dale Cooper's hairdo - yum!

LittleMissToniJo

One of the Regulars
flyfishark, those are all truly gorgeous shoes!! It does make me wonder... were women's feet generally narrower then?? Or is it just a question of what survives? It just seems like all vintage shoes are crazy narrow - it's a nightmare with my chubby little feet!

I just came across these Aris Allen ones, thanks to a tip from Maisie (thanks!).
161-RD-1.jpg

I now want them a lot!! I know many of you have Aris Allen shoes, what is the fit like? Do you buy your normal size?

I need these!!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab

twin7.jpg

Hiyas,
Me too, Audrey wears everything well! ;0

I have a pair by Steve Madden (below), I wish they had more black on them though. I haven't worn them yet!

shoes_ia50893.jpg

X
BD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails