Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
Blondie, I posted here ;)

They are super comfortable I find... from the first wear, and the heel feels like no heel whatsoever (but then, I am used to 5 to 7 cm heels almost everyday). I would really recommend them :D

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Slightly :eek:fftopic:
Figured you gals might know...

Whats up with this trend of the red soled pump? Is it exclusively from designer Christian Louboutin (as found out via the Google) in his continuing efforts I see to make obscenely unwalkable footwear, or is it a modern trend all round?

72liUP4kEedcfQJ.jpg

Just curious.

LD

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
I know about Louboutin, I saw a video (in French) where he was explaining how this signature red sole was product of an accident, bla, blah, blah. I personally don't like it when the red sole is clashing with the main colour of the shoe [huh] I think it looks great with black shoes, but then I like fetishy stuff :p

Of course I can imagine half the world and their mother imitating it by now, it is easy enough ;)

Easy to walk in these, that is another thing ;) although I find that with practice (increasing heel size pogressively) walking - and not just from a car to a chair - in up to 8cm heels is quite easy (painless), transition from 8 to 10 is quite more difficult but doable, and more than 10 (without platform) is a bit nuts.

Blondie

Practically Family
Medvssa said:
Blondie, I posted here ;)

They are super comfortable I find... from the first wear, and the heel feels like no heel whatsoever (but then, I am used to 5 to 7 cm heels almost everyday). I would really recommend them :D
Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
As soon as i get paid i am going to invest in the gold ones. so cute !!!

Grant Fan

Practically Family
these aren't new ones i bought them at Target last year but I love them and think that they are vintage-y
Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

And Lady Day, to your red bottomed shoe question, that isn't a new thing they have been doing it for 10 years or so have one pair that is gold on bottom, one with pink,one with red, and at some point I had a pair with blue on the bottom, I think it is just an added pretty thing. And walking in those kinds of shoes is nothing to me I typically wear 3 and 1/2 inch to 4 inch heals. Even whenI am teaching I am 5ft9inches and well I kind of makes me a giant but I honestly don't feel a thing. (Sorry for those who aren't Ameican I don't know metric or I would have converted it for you)

macollins

New in Town
There are always those websites that have the vintage reproduction shoes that unfortunetly cost close to $150 a pair but, i 've found that keds has some nice ones. The Walking Company suprisingly had a pair that resembled 1940s wedgies and were probably very comfortable.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Oh Medvssa! They are gorgeous in cream! I think I will order them in black though... more versatile. I am a scaredycat!
Do they stay on although you can't close them properly over your feet?

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
Tinseltown said:
Oh Medvssa! They are gorgeous in cream! I think I will order them in black though... more versatile. I am a scaredycat!
Do they stay on although you can't close them properly over your feet?
They close pretty wel, they are comfortable :)

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Slightly :eek:fftopic:
Figured you gals might know...

Whats up with this trend of the red soled pump? Is it exclusively from designer Christian Louboutin (as found out via the Google) in his continuing efforts I see to make obscenely unwalkable footwear, or is it a modern trend all round?
Just curious.

LD

From what I know, the red sole is considered his trademark. However, it is
a reference to a little design quirk originally done for King Louis XIV (as were Louis Heels, or what some call Coffin Heels, the little flared witch-style heel). However, for his shoes, it was usually the whole heel that would be painted red.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
My $78 hand-tooled wedges came today from masseys.com and they are really nice. All leather, well made, leather sole perfect for dancing! I got them in black, which I actually NEEDED, and when compared to Remix's $236 version - my wallet and I are both happy campers!

Thanks again for enabling, Bella Hell!

131416BLK1R.jpg

Now that you've had them for a while, how do they compare to Re-mix, in terms of fit, comfort for all day walking or wear?

Inky

One Too Many
kamikat said:
Now that you've had them for a while, how do they compare to Re-mix, in terms of fit, comfort for all day walking or wear?

I actually wore them to our local Strawberry Festival on Saturday morning for about four hours and they were just fine, still a bit stiff though. I bought a size 11, which was a tiny bit loose out of the box and I put in one of those sandal-style insoles in it, but that didn't make any difference, they are still a tad bit on the loose side - which is good for when my feet puff up after walking a while. I think that's why they remained comfy. I have also worn them dancing and they were more comfortable than my Aris Allen dance shoes I usually practice in (more padding).

I have a similar shoe (which I bought used and was originally from a vendor on Olvera Street in Downtown LA, which supposedly is the same/similar to Re-mix shoes) and those are a true 10 and also comfortable. The wedge is my favorite go-to comfort/style shoe.

These are WAY more comfy than my Gloria-style shoes (i have the Bear Flag Republic ones) and as comfy as a couple of old re-mix shoes that I have that are no longer on their website.

In a nutshell, I'd buy them again, but I'd be tossed as to whether to order a 10 or an 11 next time.

Inky

Inky

One Too Many
Fleur those are adorable - tell your boyfriend he has no taste in shoes ;)

I was feeling a bit blue today so we went into town for lunch and stopped by my favorite retro/rockabilly shop, Hep Kat, and I picked up these shoes by Draven called the Bettie Page "Fabulous Pump." I don't usually were high modern heels, but I have some polka-dot clothing that these will be great with - and they are unexpectedly VERY comfortable.

8521-875287-p.jpg

Shoes always have a way of perking me right up (right up there with new lipsticks and getting my hair done).

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
MEDVSSA - When you ordered from Office, when did your shoes arrive?
I am experincing their customer service as being very bad.
I ordred friday, and the shoes have yet to be shipped or even confirmed on the site. It just says STATUS N/A. They did send an order confirmation, though
They also don't answer their emails.[huh]
They need to hurry up!

Hela

New in Town
Fleur De Guerre said:
I just bought these Miss L Fire shoes:

image1xl.jpg

They are so Carmen Miranda! My boyfriend is going to absolutely hate them! lol

16.jpg

I love those! And that picture of Miranda is too cute :D

Forum statistics

Threads