Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dare I start a doll thread?

Liz

Great pics, Johanna! I'm totally in awe of your hand-made doll clothes!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
cart.php

She will be my Christmas present, even if I have to buy her myself.

56.jpg

I love her but I could never spend $450.00 on a doll.

Johanna

One of the Regulars
Thanks! I'm glad you like the photos! :)

Pennycarrol, actually Barbie debuted in -59, and she didn't come to Sweden until -63, so all of my vintage Barbies are from the 60s :)

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Johanna

you should post the pictures you took of you in your Barbie makeup which you posted over on LJ here on Fedora (if you haven't already). I showed those pictures to my mom and she thought you were very clever...and an uncanny resemblance to Barbie!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Johanna-you have some wonderful Barbies! The side-part ones especially! You just don't see those very often anymore. I have bought and sold tons of vintage Barbie stuff and it is one of my favorite things to work with. Love the pictures!

Antje

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
cart.php

She will be my Christmas present, even if I have to buy her myself.

56.jpg

I love her but I could never spend $450.00 on a doll.

how expensive for a dol.
but real beautifull.
lovely dress and beautifull hair.

antje

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Johanna said:
Thanks so much everyone! I'm not sure which thread I should post those Barbie makeup photos in.
I'm sad that I can see your pictures. If they are anything like your art I'm sure they are amazing.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Oh wow what a lot of lovely dolls we have hidden away here! Johanna I love you Francie dolls they are terrific.

Rockapinup your Living Dead dolls are brilliant!

Deadpandiva the doll on that link is breathtaking, how big is she? What a beauty.

I am working on my new Silkstone Barbie's new Christmas dress and will post pics as soon as ready.........

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
AllaboutEve said:
Deadpandiva the doll on that link is breathtaking, how big is she? What a beauty.

I think she's 16 inches tall. That's the size of most Robert Tonner dolls I think and she has the same body as the Alex dolls. When I get her I don't think I will make her any clothes as the outfit she comes with is amazing. I was drooling over my sister's Rita Hayworth doll yeaterday. I can't wait to take pictures. I think you'll lover her.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
What is she called? I am desperate to go and have a good look at her on a website. I don't have any Tonner Dolls.
I just love her outfit, and see why you wouldn't want to change it, but I really am very naughty and think that it would be hard not to make her a lovely green velvet dress too!!!!!!!:) :)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
AllaboutEve said:
What is she called? I am desperate to go and have a good look at her on a website. I don't have any Tonner Dolls.
I just love her outfit, and see why you wouldn't want to change it, but I really am very naughty and think that it would be hard not to make her a lovely green velvet dress too!!!!!!!:) :)
Her name is Vasilisa. She's supposed to be Little Red Riding Hood. They have Alice too but she's not as nice.

Here the official Robert Tonner website. Search under Re Imagination.
http://www.tonnerdoll.com/

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
Her name is Vasilisa. She's supposed to be Little Red Riding Hood. They have Alice too but she's not as nice.

Here the official Robert Tonner website. Search under Re Imagination.
http://www.tonnerdoll.com/

Vasilisa is beautiful and well worth the money, what a beautful dress and the boots are fantastic. I thought that Alice was lovely too but her face mold is not as pretty, her outfit is very good though.

I was knocked out by the oz dolls especially these two

OZ13.jpg

OZ17.jpg

Also on my wish list at the moment is this outfit for my Gene dolls :
townandcountry.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
AllaboutEve said:
Vasilisa is beautiful and well worth the money, what a beautful dress and the boots are fantastic. I thought that Alice was lovely too but her face mold is not as pretty, her outfit is very good though.

I was knocked out by the oz dolls especially these two

OZ13.jpg

OZ17.jpg

Also on my wish list at the moment is this outfit for my Gene dolls :
townandcountry.jpg

lovely just lovely,

the clothes hair and make up
everything is perfect on the dolls

antje

Forum statistics

Threads
Members