Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dare to Dream: Your "Ultimate" Leather Jacket

Siggmund

One of the Regulars
My dream jacket is Insomnia's Aero D-1 Redskin
This is my first try with an Aero Military jacket. Aero D1 redskin.
View attachment 61192 View attachment 61193

Favorite Ride:
d-ZEzWB-dtWFif43-cBVlaofQ4TnYfMswMP0v_n1N018c_cMepUnnz-_vJFYTm6POJCzgyw=s128.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I have never thought in terms of a single "ultimate" jacket. To the contrary, my focus on variety is antithetical to a single ultimate jacket. My "ultimate" is an assortment of complimentary jackets that enable me to don different looks.

Agreed. Back when I first got into leather, all I wanted was a black Perfecto type, but these days I prefer the idea of a range of jackets - the short and long jackets, the Winter or Summer options, jackets or overcoats, brown, black or oxblood,and so on and so forth...

zebedee

One Too Many
If I could get it down to the Highwayman and a Stockman, I think I'd be happy; that isn't realistic, so how about the HWYM, the Stockman, a cafe racer and a goat 50s HB. Then I'd be at least... less annoyed. I could then whittle it down to an ultimate three, possibly.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
There isn't an ultimate jacket for me, but a lot of them...

I probably do things weirdly compared to most people as far as dressing goes. I basically have a uniform, i always wear jeans, T-Shirt and V neck jumper, that's it!
I have the same pair of IH jeans in 5 different thickness, probably 30 of the same T-shirt in 10 different colours, and around 25 identical jumpers but made of different material (cotton, wool or cashmere) and in different colours.
Everyday i dress exactly the same, style wise, only the colours of the day and the warmth/material of the jumper change. Everything else remains the same.
Literally the only difference from day to day is which leather jacket i chose to wear, which is why i like to have a wide selection...

Most people wear the same jacket but different outfits everyday, i wear the same outfit but different jackets.
It's weird, but it works for me!

Colin G

One Too Many

I probably do things weirdly compared to most people as far as dressing goes. I basically have a uniform, i always wear jeans, T-Shirt and V neck jumper, that's it!
I have the same pair of IH jeans in 5 different thickness, probably 30 of the same T-shirt in 10 different colours, and around 25 identical jumpers but made of different material (cotton, wool or cashmere) and in different colours.

You're not alone. If I find socks I like, I buy as many packs as I can and hoard them away. Same if I find a t-shirt I like. I'll buy doubles in many colours to have on hand. I have been wearing the same "uniform" for years.

I have enough stuff stashed away I would not have to buy any new clothes for years. Haha.

I just went through my stash the other day and laughed at how many t-shirts I have put away for future reference. It is almost embarrassing.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
You're not alone. If I find socks I like, I buy as many packs as I can and hoard them away. Same if I find a t-shirt I like. I'll buy doubles in many colours to have on hand. I have been wearing the same "uniform" for years.

I have enough stuff stashed away I would not have to buy any new clothes for years. Haha.

I just went through my stash the other day and laughed at how many t-shirts I have put away for future reference. It is almost embarrassing.

Glad to know i'm not alone in my weirdness...
I have taken it a step further with socks, i only wear black bamboo socks, i buy 14 pairs wear them a year or so and then throw them away and buy a new batch of the same.
There is nothing i hate more than having to find matching socks in the laundry, or dealing with holes, ain't nobody got time for that!

I wish i had stockpiled like you, because American Apparel T shirts are not available in the UK anymore and my current batch is in need of replacing.
(Same system as i use with socks, but they usually last longer)

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Most people wear the same jacket but different outfits everyday, i wear the same outfit but different jackets.

To me it's not a bit weird, but very nice way of living. I like it and understand you well, Carlos. Absolutely!)

Bobby Peru

One of the Regulars
One 'ultimate' jacket? I wish I could achieve that. It's like asking the same with wristwatches or shoes. It's going to have to be a collection of them with different purposes.

I envy those who are content with just one.

Bigbenbs

A-List Customer
Agreed. Back when I first got into leather, all I wanted was a black Perfecto type, but these days I prefer the idea of a range of jackets - the short and long jackets, the Winter or Summer options, jackets or overcoats, brown, black or oxblood,and so on and so forth...

We definitely need an ultimate medley thread to begin. 5 jackets, maximal/ideal style and usage coverage. Sort of an NBA dream team kind of deal: they can't all play the same role. So not just a top 5 list.

Jimi3legs

New in Town
13E28019-CFB6-4021-8C82-CBDDCA66BECD.jpeg
C9DAA66A-F796-4BC3-A11D-C93469AF2C5E.jpeg
At the moment it’s the vintage brown Lewis Super phantom I just scored. Absolutely immaculate condition, been stored in vacuum storage since it was bought. Got it for a song as the other bidders on eBay clearly didn’t know it’s value. But I sway every day between this one and the black Super Phantom I bought in the London store a few years back. And yes they are used on my motorcycle.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

Everyday i dress exactly the same, style wise, only the colours of the day and the warmth/material of the jumper change. Everything else remains the same.
Literally the only difference from day to day is which leather jacket i chose to wear, which is why i like to have a wide selection...

That describes my process almost exactly.

barnabus

One Too Many
I find that as I've grown older, the range of clothes I choose to wear has diminished. Patterns have gradually been banished, and more recently colour has too.

I wear t shirts in black, white, grey or navy blue - depending on the season. Or plain Oxford shirts in the same range of colours. Or crew neck sweaters, again in the same range of colours (but minus the white!)

It means I can wear anything with anything, especially as my trouser choice is either jeans (black, blue or white) or tobacco chinos.

I think fashion ponces call this a capsule wardrobe .

Pemulis

New in Town
If I may, this is my grail, altrough not exactly a jacket, but rather a coat or parka, if you will: The Alpha Industries B7 shearling jacket, complete with coyote fur on the hood.

The thing is that at almost 2k I can't justify the investment. Where I live winters are cold but not so cold to actually need this jacket. But a man can dream I guess.

Attachments

• alpha_B7.jpg
    alpha_B7.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 1,502

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24