Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darhling should do _______ with her hair.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Thank you all!!!

Here is two other webcam pics, I can't really get sharp pics will the selftimer on my digicam, since it uses a different spot to focus on. As you can see the rest of the hair is much darker and not vibrant red like I want, but thats because of the rest of the dark dye that she couln't remove.

Ohairas, she uses Wella toning color, she said a toner would be the best for the hair at this point.. I was thinking about the next time I have to color it myself, I could go for a really brassy, extreme red? but then she a lso said I should only color the roots not the entire hair..

Foto49.jpg

Foto81-1.jpg
DSCN0439-1.jpg

(My dark hair before in bright flash - When I compare those pics together, the change is more obvious.)

^it isn't as short as it looks in the front, I think I am stretching my face too much away. It is cut in a u-shape, just not as extreme as it looks.

I love how light my hair feels now!! When it is curled, it sit just on and above my shoulders.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
The red looks beautiful and suits you well (like I knew it would;) ). A brighter more orangey jessica rabbit red might be even better, but this looks swell in the mean time.

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
I went into MAC and tried all their brow products but nothing matched, I tried a eyeshadow over my regular brown brow pencil and I quite like it, except that it has shimmer in it! I am on the lookout for a great warm red browpencil.

When I used to be a redhead, I used a MAC eyeshadow for the eyebrows ;) and it has shimmer! but under the little hairs you really cannot see the shimmer (and didn't girls use vaseline on their brows back in the day to give them a sheen anyway?). It's Antiqued, a reddish brown, and I think it would go perfect with your great new haircolour! Sometimes I even mixed in some Coppering eyeshadow too, which is a coppery red.

I just couldn't ever find a specific brow product that had the right intensity to it [huh]

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Medvssa said:
When I used to be a redhead, I used a MAC eyeshadow for the eyebrows ;) and it has shimmer! but under the little hairs you really cannot see the shimmer (and didn't girls use vaseline on their brows back in the day to give them a sheen anyway?). It's Antiqued, a reddish brown, and I think it would go perfect with your great new haircolour! Sometimes I even mixed in some Coppering eyeshadow too, which is a coppery red.

I just couldn't ever find a specific brow product that had the right intensity to it [huh]

it was coppering I tried (and you can see a bit of the eyebrow in the first pic on page 9). I was just a bit worried about the shimmer, but I guess it is only visible super up close! Thanks, I needed great eyebrow advice :)

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
Yes, it is difficult to see the sheen unless you are very close, but the flash of a camera can also bring it up. You can use another matte brownish eyeshadow or pencil to mattify a little. I have some example pictures, this is Antiqued alone. Here it is mixed with a bit of Embark (dark reddish brown, matte), and here Coppering and a little of Antiqued. I think Coppering alone may be too bright, but it depends on how "populated" your brows are ;)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
scottyrocks said:
If a man's opinion matters, I think you look adorable with the new hair. It brightens up the whole look.

Thank you very much Scottyrocks! I appreciate the mens opinions just as much as the ladies' :) they are always welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy