Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Day 1 Stratton F42 Brown Trooper Hat

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
IM001340.jpg
IM001341.jpg

Howdy fellow Campaigners. Per Deanglen's request here is one of my rescued Stratton Hats in Brown. My wife was kind enough to put the required 3 stitches around the brim @ 1/4" I think maybe a 1/8 might be a little better. I will strip the hat cord and see what the sunshine will do to it. Probably a little rain also. This one was 9.95 from some place in Hollywood of all places. It had a taint to it but should be good enough for some genuine aging. I can then steam or wet it and shape it any way I like. Maybe:eusa_doh:

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful! Looks great, Prairie! Love to see it on you.(Sorry about the 1/4" stitch spacing suggestion. I believe you are right, 1/8" would do it! Why not remove the innermost stitch line, and have her drop one in between the remaining two, I'm sure it would look fine, and I don't think they were too particular about the exact spacing.)

dean

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Duh!

Very good idea. I'll get her on it in the morning. After some begging. I really think the brown will fade out nicely. Also, Mojave Jack's green with that desert sun might even become Olive.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Wow! last May I missed this thread?! Where the heck was I? Prairie, how is that hat shaping up these days? I've been keeping my eye out for one of these models, but haven't seen one come up yet.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Ditto! I would be very interested in seeing the finished product. It looks like you made a great start!

Did your wife use a machine to do the brim edge stitching?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff