Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Days of Future Past Wolverine jacket

David Coppola

New in Town
Been on the hunt for a DOFP Wolverine jacket. I have one made by Logan's Closet, but it is getting a bit small for me.
Very few vendors out there for this jacket.......After dealing with Wested's clueless people and ultimately they told me that they discontinued it.....and the typical crappy Ebay ones...I am reaching out here....
Anyone have a nice used one...or can point me in the right direction to a quality vendor?
I am between a 44 and 46.
Thanks!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I have the Vanson one. It’s built on the model B pattern block. I’ve seen different fits from photos And I suspect there are more than one jacket. Wolverine wears a trucker jacket under one, that’s the B pattern fit I have. Wolverine also wears another slim short one with a wife beater underneath. That jacket is not the B pattern block I have. I suspect it’s built on the Comet pattern. Also the movie jacket leather looks stiffer and aged than my jacket. I suspect either Vanson or the wardrobe department aged it and waxed it. It’s on my list to do. I’m not at my laptop now. Will dig up my pics and post here later.

I have the Vanson one. It’s built on the model B pattern block. I’ve seen different fits from photos And I suspect there are more than one jacket. Wolverine wears a trucker jacket under one, that’s the B pattern fit I have. Wolverine also wears another slim short one with a wife beater underneath. That jacket is not the B pattern block I have. I suspect it’s built on the Comet pattern. Also the movie jacket leather looks stiffer and aged than my jacket. I suspect either Vanson or the wardrobe department aged it and waxed it. It’s on my list to do. I’m not at my laptop now. Will dig up my pics and post here later.
I think he’s talking about this one from DOFP:
IMG_8952.jpeg

This is the jacket I always picture as the wolverine jacket. The CR’s are cool but a bit corny to me. The suede trucker from Logan makes him look frail. ^This is Logan at his most badass. Sadly Vanson never even attempted it. I’d love one myself. This has always been my favorite movie jacket.

Peacoat

Bartender
Been on the hunt for a DOFP Wolverine jacket. I have one made by Logan's Closet, but it is getting a bit small for me.
Very few vendors out there for this jacket.......After dealing with Wested's clueless people and ultimately they told me that they discontinued it.....and the typical crappy Ebay ones...I am reaching out here....
Anyone have a nice used one...or can point me in the right direction to a quality vendor?
I am between a 44 and 46.
Thanks!
You might also post this in the Classifieds Section.

Welcome to TFL. Hope you stay with us. PC

Batoidea

One of the Regulars
I think he’s talking about this one from DOFP:
View attachment 537488
This is the jacket I always picture as the wolverine jacket. The CR’s are cool but a bit corny to me. The suede trucker from Logan makes him look frail. ^This is Logan at his most badass. Sadly Vanson never even attempted it. I’d love one myself. This has always been my favorite movie jacket.

CRs are what got me into this leather jacket hobby but, strangely enough, they're now one of the least interesting styles to me. But who can resist a jacket with a killer collar like that. So damn cool.... I want one myself now.

DEV.Woulf

New in Town
Wolverine is my favorite from the comics and I've always loved his jackets. :) Short of Logan's Closet, the next best thing would be Soul Revolver. They make replica jackets based on films and video games. They have their Days of Future Past jacket in Lambskin or Calf. The waxy calf is thicker and the better choice. They also have the 4th Vanson jacket from X-Men Origins: Wolverine in Calf. It looks aged and cool. Soul Revolver isn't on the same quality of Vanson or so but I've never read a bad review of the Calf jackets. Other than them I don't know who else who makes it. :rolleyes:
Also the movie jacket leather looks stiffer and aged than my jacket. I suspect either Vanson or the wardrobe department aged it and waxed it. It’s on my list to do.
Yeah. I prefer the way it looks in the movie than brand new. According to the Vanson page the wardrobe department aged it up after they sent it off. They used the wrong photo for comparison though (that's the Origins jacket). o_O
I think Fox chose the Cafe Racers as a way to make him look rebellious and cool. The 70s style with the big collar is more fitting for him. In the comics he always wore Bomber/Western styles with Fur for the cold weather. Hugh really should have worn a Canadian Thunderbay. :cool:

logan-madripoor.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner