Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dehen 1920 Club Zip Sweater

pawineguy

One Too Many
Thanks to @Bunyip I'm spending more money. Just received this in the mail, also thanks to the guys who pointed out that they were having a sale. I ordered another one while they are at the sale price, this time in off-white and black. It's about the tightest knit and heaviest for its thickness sweater I've ever felt. Almost like it's a nylon mesh, although obviously softer. (but not much) The talon zip is a nice touch, the fit is good for my frame and it just feels like a serious piece of gear rather than a sweater. (although at the full price, you would hope for that) It's an item that should last for a very long time... And why am I staring into space? Blame it on a long, long winter.

IMG_5184.JPG IMG_5185.JPG IMG_5186.JPG IMG_5207.JPG IMG_5209.JPG

Last edited:
That is very nice!
Thanks for posting pictures, I never knew it had elbow pads.
Now that I've missed the Mediums, I need to wait for August to buy one.

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
That is very nice!
Thanks for posting pictures, I never knew it had elbow pads.
Now that I've missed the Mediums, I need to wait for August to buy one.

Yes, en extra layer of wool is sewn on the inside of the sleeve. I don't really feel it, and since it's inside it's a subtle look.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That looks great! I need an XXL, and they have non in stock, so for me the sale is a moot point. This sux as the price with sale discount is unbeatable.
I picked one up through Harley. I bought it Friday, so hopefully not too long to wait. There are a couple of places selling similar products a lot cheaper, I just really don't know about their quality. Besides, these guys invented the originals, and are still making them the same. Here's the one I'm waiting on.
image.jpg

pawineguy

One Too Many
That looks great! I need an XXL, and they have non in stock, so for me the sale is a moot point. This sux as the price with sale discount is unbeatable.
I picked one up through Harley. I bought it Friday, so hopefully not too long to wait. There are a couple of places selling similar products a lot cheaper, I just really don't know about their quality. Besides, these guys invented the originals, and are still making them the same. Here's the one I'm waiting on.
]

I think you're going to be very pleased. The other one I just ordered is the same color scheme without the lettering. Apparently they still weave them on the original machine, so I assume that'd be tough to duplicate.

Edit: That simple white and black Harley design is my favorite by far.

53Effie

A-List Customer
Nice sweaters! I have several Dehen sweaters in my collection. They are excellent, stylish products and with good care will likely outlive most of us. Congrats.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I am thoroughly impressed. It looks really cool and I want it now. :D

I think you're going to be very pleased. The other one I just ordered is the same color scheme without the lettering. Apparently they still weave them on the original machine, so I assume that'd be tough to duplicate.

Edit: That simple white and black Harley design is my favorite by far.

I really like the black with old gold striped sleeves. I think it looks great....

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Correct! I was reluctant to order the White body, as I figure it will show marks and stains quite quickly. I love the look, maybe not as practical as I would have liked. I just wanted a bit of script on the front. Dehen only do the script for whole sale orders, and they also said its very difficult to do as the fabric is so heavy duty, and more than likely getting it done aftermarket might result in disappointment. I love the harley one, but my first choice would have been black body with striped sleeves in either gold or white, or even black body and white sleeves.....I won't be racing on muddy speedways in it that's for sure...I will hazard a guess the first burger I bite into will explode all over it, and I will cross that bridge when I come to it!

pawineguy

One Too Many
Correct! I was reluctant to order the White body, as I figure it will show marks and stains quite quickly. I love the look, maybe not as practical as I would have liked. I just wanted a bit of script on the front. Dehen only do the script for whole sale orders, and they also said its very difficult to do as the fabric is so heavy duty, and more than likely getting it done aftermarket might result in disappointment. I love the harley one, but my first choice would have been black body with striped sleeves in either gold or white, or even black body and white sleeves.....I won't be racing on muddy speedways in it that's for sure...I will hazard a guess the first burger I bite into will explode all over it, and I will cross that bridge when I come to it!

I didn't really think about it until I saw that photo, but as you say I won't be racing on mud or ash and I will most likely have a jacket over the top, especially when wearing the white one. Having now handled the sweater, I think most tailors would politely decline to try to sew anything onto it, you made the right choice IMO.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That's good to know....I got nailed with the exchange rate, so I'm hoping it will be a long term relationship and a keeper....

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Mine is in the post from USA to aus in the morning. Maybe a week or so. The temperature here has dropped pretty dramatically and winter will be here in a couple of weeks....hopefully this becomes my go to sweater.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles