Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Depression Glass/Beautiful Glass

MissViolet777

New in Town
I have a couple of Depression glass pieces. I really love it, and I hope to acquire more in the near future.

I tend to buy most of my vintage items at auctions, but glassware is usually the exception. I almost lost a finger trying to inspect a piece of Jadeite. The glassware collectors around here are a dime a dozen and they all seem to be rabid, rich and a tad nutty. The word "Fenton" alone can cause a near stampede at the auction house.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
74212.jpg

"Depression era glass on the Queen Mary"

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
That must be the Queen Mary two yes?

I have some Depression glass, mostly green block-optic. I found a neat pitcher with one little cip out of the lip, the pitcher was only $5. bucks! It's green and I found a four green checked tumblers to go with it... doesn't match other than color... but, that was the Depression Era way right?

Love that stuff and I always seem to find it for a reasonable price.

Foofoogal

Banned
Look for a local glass grinder or an antique show that usually has one at the show. Some chips can be nicely fixed.
Glad you like the forum and gallery. The gallery has amazing glass to look at. I get lost in it when I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou