Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Depression Glass.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Foofoogal said:
I cannot see the Candlewick so cannot comment.

Oops! Here it is....anything you know would be much appreciated!
0407091609.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
couple of pics of our depression glass

I forgot I had these pics on a different album! Here is showing most of our collection. As you can see in these pics, YES- we are a teaparty family! The tea party laden table here was done for my birthday a couple of years back. For tea parties larger than four to six people, we generally stage all the food and tea in the house, and serve in the backyard on table(s) on the slate patio.

Since these pics were added in the album, I've collected a few tea trios (cup, saucer dessert plate, that are from the 20s and 30s, plus two wonderful pink art deco vases and a deco era bar glassware set.

Last year, we painted the eat in kitchen a pale yellow and added egg and dart crown moulding. Changed the whole look of the room! These pics here are BEFORE
251100894.jpg

251348517.jpg

To see the AFTER pics , do look up and peruse my album showing this and other rooms pf our home's interiors. Here is the link to that album: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/16374882

Foofoogal

Banned
vEry nice photos. I love the butter yellow. I am thinking of doing my living room that color and the blue I am wanting to do my dining room in. I call it Wedgwood blue. I am wanting my home as traditional as I can get it.
Your home is very Laura Ashley ish. :D

Foofoogal

Banned
The emerald green set is Anchor Hocking Charm pattern. Made only from 1950 to 1954. This is part of a luncheon set.

Ok, now you gone and done it. The compote I believe off hand is much older than depression. Antique EAPG or Early American Pattern Glass. This is also where it gets hairy. It depends on who you ask of glass people.
To some true Vaseline glass is yellow till put under blacklight. To some any green glass that glows is Vaseline. The glow comes from uranium in the glass.
If you know for sure it is a family thing it is probably the real deal. Newer companies like Boyd and Mosser reproduce some of this stuff. I have always personally steered clear of EAPG because I inately know I would go berserk collecting it like a mad woman. It is beautiful and I am trying to find the maker for you.
http://www.patternglass.com/
http://www.eapgs.org/

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
The green compote is with out a doubt an old piece of glass. I got it from my grandmother's estate in the very early 70's. My dad's sisters went through the house and pilfered all of the antique dishes. This was an illegal act. Everything was to be sold at auction so the kids all had an equal chance to buy what they wanted. I have a Aunt who is still looking for this piece. When my mom had seen what was taking place with the daughters, she took this one piece for me.

Foofoogal

Banned
top 2 are Adam by Jeannette 1932-1934
then Federal Sharon or Cabbage Rose 1935-1939
3rd:Indiana Loganberry.1923. .
----------------------
Loganberry, #606. There are only three items that appear to exist for this pattern... Originally produced in crystal and green, the 7" mint bowl continued in production well into the late 1980s and was manufactured in amber, crystal, iridescent gold, milk white, olive green and ruby red decorated. This pattern is also sometimes referred to as Mulberry, and can be easily confused with other similar patterns made by Imperial, Fenton, and others."
----------------------------------------------------------------
4th:Choice Indiana "Lorain or Basket" pattern.

------------
Not sure what no.5 is but I will be looking. I believe it is older than depression but could be wrong. Awesome cake plate. Seems you found me something to do. I love glass. I usually help moderate this forum but am on break. I am Sandy and the other dealer is Almas Attic that has the most beautiful glass online, especially Art Deco vanity.
http://www.auctionbytes.com/forum/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=21
Can't you tell. The photos need to be resized somehow.
------
6th: I think is Hocking Spiral.
The Spiral pattern was produced by many different companies during the Depression.

Foofoogal

Banned
Federal Glass (Sharon or Cabbage Rose pattern) in amber bowl. 1935 to 1939.
Anchor Hocking( Berwick but some call Boopie) glass tumbler. 1960s.

Some use this with Candlewick but it is not candlewick.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Depression Glass patterns I've collected; 4 place settings each in pink American Sweetheart, yellow Patrician, blue Bubble, green Block Optic. The same in sherberts, but as there was no sherbert in Bubble, I have blue Polly. Eight clear glasses in Manhattan, and eight clear glasses in the older pattern Rock Crystal. I also have two of each color in four other patterns as serving pieces. I love to mix and match the colors and patterns.

At an antique store near me, I had seen many pieces only being sold in lots of cobalt Royal Lace, more than I needed or wanted. After sitting around in the shop for a couple of years, they finally marked them down enough to be worth getting. I got cups and saucers, and double handled cream soups. The extras I don't want I'll end up putting on evilBay someday soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR