Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dessert Anyone?

What is your favorite pie?

• apple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • banana creme

• blueberry

• cherry

• chocolate creme

• coconut custard

• peach

• pecan

• pumpkin

• savory (mince-meat, shepherd's, chicken pot pie)

• Total voters

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
way too tough of a choice for me. I guess it really depends on the season.
Apple is actually not my most favorite. I like apple crisp or apple crumble but not a big fan of the pie form.
Other than that just about any other pie will do:D I think my first choice would be a tie between blueberry or peach, oh wait pumpkin is really good as well as cherry. Argh, I just can't make up my min[huh]

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I took the test and according to it I'm Mud Pie, a combo of flavor and depth lol
In real life my favorite is Lemon Meringue Pie.Yummmy!!!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Where's Lemon Meringue?

Since according to this poll it's apparenty not a valid form of pie, I voted for apple; my second choice. A-la mode, natually. :)

Mud pie . . . odd.

Lee

And since when was pie "easy"? :D

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Bad Pie

Harry Pierpont said:
There is no such thing as bad pie, just some are better than others! :)
Sadly, there is definitely such a thing as bad pie. Last time I tried to make a pie with SCRATCH MADE CRUST, I must confess I handled the dough a LITTLE too much, and it came out like petrified linoleum. Not good. You don't want to lose a filling from a chocolate cream pie. Now I just stick to ready made crust.
But when someone puts too much sugar in an apple pie and murders the tartness, or just puts too much cornstarch in the filling and it turns into glue, then I tend to take it a little too personally and get seriously homicidal thoughts. Yes, lard crust is the best, but I have a problem with killing piggies. (Cats look down on people, dogs look up to people, pigs look at people as equals.)
BTW, I make a mean Pecan Pie, with chocolate chips in the filling. (Recipe came from a Dear Abby column, actually.) Drop dead delicious, but a little rich.

Katie Brookes

One of the Regulars
Blackberry pie!!! i used to pick buckets of them by the side of the road and make pies with my mom, but after the Oakland Hills Fire they decided they were a fire hazard and cleared most of 'em out with all the other overgrowth they decided was basically tinder. :(

Katie Brookes

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
Plain egg custard in a lard crust. Yummmmmmmmmmmm.

it really is that lard crust that makes the difference.
my wonderful Nebraskan grandma has a deep-freeze filled side to side with buckets of lard, i never knew until a few years ago that is why her pie crust always came out so good... i am glad i didn't know back when i was a vegetarian lol

[quote="What Kind of Pie Are You?" Quiz]You Are Apple Pie

apple-pie.jpg

You're the perfect combo of comforting and traditional
Those who like you crave security[/quote]

Not much of a desserts guy myself, and when I do indulge I'm partial to key lime, but the description fits, I guess.

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
How come I'm the only one that voted for blueberry pie? Maybe it's an acquired taste. To me it just tastes like all things summer. Every year I look forward to the blueberry season. I guess I love all things blueberry-
blueberry panackes, waffles, muffins, bread, syrup, preserves, vinagrette, and even wine.

I just had a great mid'day snack. A slice of fresh blueberry pie and 2 scoops of chocolate ice cream. Yummo!!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou