Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did anyone notice Akubra's website have been revamped.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
:eek:

Whoah, you're right! Good catch!

The descriptions of their hats are more elaborate and there's more information regarding their dimensions...plus they list more hats than I remember.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
A step in the right direction, to be sure. It's definitely an improvement to the previous website layout, although I was content with that. The brim measurements are a nice new feature as well. I wish there could be crown measurements displayed too, though.

Neophyte

J B said:
A step in the right direction, to be sure. It's definitely an improvement to the previous website layout, although I was content with that. The brim measurements are a nice new feature as well. I wish there could be crown measurements displayed too, though.

Is your avatar Inspector Zenigata, JB? If so, major props! Lupin the Third forever, baby!

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Neophyte said:
Is your avatar Inspector Zenigata, JB? If so, major props! Lupin the Third forever, baby!

Why yes it is! I'm a Lupin III fan myself, and Zenigata happens to wear a fedora, so I thought it would be a cool one to have for a while on the board. I used to watch it (the second series) on Adult Swim frequently, and I have since seen more episodes than what they actually showed (some from the first and third series' as well), but that's another story. This avatar in particular is from the first series.

Now to get back to Akubra, I noticed something about their Western category; the "Cowboy" and "Mexican" models seem to be missing. Is this intentional? Are they to be discontinued? I sort of liked the Cowboy Akubra in particular, as it somewhat resembles Clint Eastwood's Man With No Name hat.

Neophyte

You should try Baccano!

Anyway, I myself like the Mexican model. It was so wierd-looking that it just kept drawing me. I kept wondering if I could get that bash out and restyle it, I might be able to create the world's sweetest Gaucho-style hat.

You're right, though...there are some new hats, and some old ones have disappeared.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Blackthorn said:
Now if only they would offer more colors in their line up.

Agreed, I would consider a few more of their hats (Bogart, Fedora, even Hampton and Whippet) if their color selection wasn't so... limited. My problem with all of the hats mentioned in the parentheses is that they are most often seen in dark colors (black, dark greys, and the rare dark browns). Lighter colors appeal to me a bit more right now.

Neophyte

J B said:
Agreed, I would consider a few more of their hats (Bogart, Fedora, even Hampton and Whippet) if their color selection wasn't so... limited. My problem with all of the hats mentioned in the parentheses is that they are most often seen in dark colors (black, dark greys, and the rare dark browns). Lighter colors appeal to me a bit more right now.

I agree with you on that. Lighter colors seem to better reveal the hats' shape and texture.

Undertow

Now here is a welcome improvement! :eusa_clap

I used to have to visit the Lounge, or even somewhere less reputable for sizing questions. Thank you Akubra!

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I like the new layout and the hat specifics. I'm a little surprised. I was hoping to see the Leisure Time listed, as this is a hat I'm curious about and would like to see more photographs. I wonder if Akubra isn't making it anymore, though I see it is still listed on Hats Direct.

Neophyte

ScionPI2005 said:
Nevermind! :eusa_doh:

I spoke too soon. I found the Leisure Time listed under the Fashion section. Does anyone have any experience with this hat?

I believe that DeeLovely has a pic in the Akubra Overload thread.

I recommend going to google and typing "Akubra Leisuretime Fedora Lounge."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw