Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did I just invent a drink?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I am EXTREMELY amused at the staying power of this thread. I'm still no closer to coming up with a name. But I can confidently share one piece of intelligence that I have recently gathered. The above mentioned concoction is VERY DIFFERENT INDEED when made with dark rum. Just not the same. Not recommended. Not being a rum drinker (until I discoverded mojitos last year) I had no idea what to expect. I'm going back to light rum. That is all. ;)

eldonkr

Familiar Face
dhermann1 said:
I am EXTREMELY amused at the staying power of this thread. I'm still no closer to coming up with a name. But I can confidently share one piece of intelligence that I have recently gathered. The above mentioned concoction is VERY DIFFERENT INDEED when made with dark rum. Just not the same. Not recommended. Not being a rum drinker (until I discoverded mojitos last year) I had no idea what to expect. I'm going back to light rum. That is all. ;)

First it was drinky-poo, and now its mojito.

Are you alright, sir?

carter

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
I have resigned myself to the fact that I am never going to live this down . . . . I may have to emigrate to Argentina or further.
Sigh . . . . :rolleyes:

Why fight or flee the inevitable? Bravely assert, "I AMBAC" and have another drinky-poo each time this thread reappears.
:beer:

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
MK said:
Drinky-poo is a phrase that should only be uttered by those that wear lace underwear.

Drinky-poo is a phrase that shouldn't be uttered, *not even* by those that wear lace underwear, unless maybe talking to someone aged around 6 months lol

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nonsense.

MK said:
Drinky-poo is a phrase that should only be uttered by those that wear lace underwear.

Long-time Lounger Warbaby and I hoist drinky-poos at each other over the miles all the time.

The Word Police can go hang. You can have our effeminate terminology when you pry it from our cold, dead, manicured fingers.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
A Humm of Pooh

Tra-la-la, tra-la-la,
Tra-la-la, tra-la-la,
Rum-tum-tiddle-um-tum.
Tiddle-iddle, tiddle-iddle,
Tiddle-iddle, tiddle-iddle,
Rum-tum-tum-tiddle-um.

-Edward Bear

And that's my final word onthe subject.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
rumblefish said:
I got it:
Caribbean Godfather, Mon

I just went to idrink.com, where you can enter in the ingredients you have to pull up drink recipes using those ingredients. Here is what I found:

Jamaican Godfather
0.5 oz Amaretto
2.0 oz Rum
Shake and strain, serve in a tumbler

Slow Summer
1.0 oz. Amaretto
3.0 oz. Appleton Rum
serve on the rocks

the Double Team
1.0 oz Amaretto
1.0 oz Rum
Mix with crushed ice and garnish with mint