Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did I just invent a drink?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I got home this evening, and said to myself, "Self, I think I'd like a drinky-poo." But there was very little in the cupboard. So I dug around and found some Bacardi light rum, and a bottle of Disaronno. I put a few cubes of ice in a glass, a goodly shot of rum ;) , and a little splash of the Disaronno. Hey, ya know what? It's good!
Anyone ever heard of this combination before? Does it have a name? Anybody want to come up with a name for this concoction?

dhermann1 said:
I got home this evening, and said to myself, "Self, I think I'd like a drinky-poo." But there was very little in the cupboard. So I dug around and found some Bacardi light rum, and a bottle of Disaronno. I put a few cubes of ice in a glass, a goodly shot of rum ;) , and a little splash of the Disaronno. Hey, ya know what? It's good!
Anyone ever heard of this combination before? Does it have a name? Anybody want to come up with a name for this concoction?

The BacSorrano? :cheers1:

MadelienneBlack

One of the Regulars
While the drink sound quite delicious, I must agree that no man should willingly utter the words "drinky-poo" unless he's got a damn good reason for it.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
LocktownDog said:
No gentleman should ever utter the phrase "drinky-poo", unless he's already half in the bag and/or flirting with a giggly blonde. :D

I'll admit I kind of snorted when I read that in the original post :)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
lol That's just the phrase that various people I knew as a kid used many years ago. I'll try to remind myself not to use it in adult company in the future.

Ben

One of the Regulars
Enjoy your drinky-poo. Whatever words you need to use to lure yourself into having a drink is your business.

All the same, I think you have come up with another variation in the Godfather family.

A godfather is scotch and amaretto. A godmother is vodka and amaretto. Maybe this is the godson?

Well, either way, you didn't pull it out of a book, so you get to name it.

How about "The Bare Cupboard Drinky Poo"?

"The Bare Drinky Poo?"

"The Bear's Drinky Poo?" That might sound more manly.

Mike K.

One Too Many
Make it a Flaming Moe!
flaming.gif

Ben

One of the Regulars
Dios Mio -- maybe Tequilla with Amaretto?

Horse's Head -- maybe add some cherries or something else red to go with it?

Maybe we should just start with the names and create a Fedora Lounge Cocktail menu.

We can start with

The DHermann -- Bacardi Light Rum and Disaronno.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
May I suggest the ReFletcher, aka Newport Bitter, for your warm-weather libation: a vodka tonic with unsweetened lemon or lime juice, enough to cloud the drink completely. Garnish optional. I don't use any.

Substitute gin and you could call it a White Linen Tonic (rhymes with gin'n tonic, and the color is more or less white).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran