Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Different hats for different Occasions

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Russ, I really like the looks of the fedora in your Avatar, however I'm afraid I have to agree with your wife on the Greek fisherman's cap. but that's just me, (well me AND your wife). smile

fedoralover

Russ

One of the Regulars
Greek Fisherman's Cap

When I look in the mirror with it on, I have to agree as well. I should be banned from boats.

havershaw

Practically Family
I don't mind wearing almost any hat I've got in most conditions...but having said that, any silverbelly, white, or bone-colored hats I tend to realy go easy on, mostly because I'm too busy to be sending hats all over the place for cleaning.
It doesn't rain much here in AZ, but I generally find that it's kind of unexpected when it does, so I'm usually stuck in whatever was on my head that day. I think only maybe two or three of my vintage hats have been caught in a downpour.
The thing I baby my hats most on is dust, as we have dust storms here (well, out where I work they happen, anyway) from time to time. I'll always shy away from wearing one of my light Open Roads or something like that if conditions are really dusty and dirty.
I have a Federation Deluxe that's my "work hat," and I wear that whever conditions seem particularly unfavorable. Being a modern hat, I know I can find a nother one just like it if it ever gets really messed up. I'll admit, though, that it just gets cooler-looking as it gets more beat-up.
I also have a 40s Resistol and a 40s Mallory that I got a while back, and those are also "work hats" - the Resistol has a LOT of wear already and I knew I'd never wear it with a suit or anything, and the Mallory is full of moth holes - but it was $4 at a local antique store, and it was my size, so I couldn't pass it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit