Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dilemma, Dilemma, Dilemma,

therathouse

New in Town
Well Christmas is past and i find myself in the fortunate position of having some spare cash (for a short while anyway). Last January for my 40th I bought myself an excellent ebay cordovan highwayman from Aero and this January I find myself wanting another, albeit a brand new one just for me!
I do however still have a long standing fondess for the 'Rocketeer' Jacket from the movie of the same name. Wested do a version in Horse but i dont know what the quality is like. Aero now however do the Rad Jack, which just looks sensational, and having visited the factory and spoken to them there i know the quality is as good as it looks.
However (here comes the dilemma) f i buy the slightly cheaper Rocketeer (assuming anyone can give me a good review, there don't seem to be too many reviews of them) I can afford an Iain Faulkner print as well, but i find myself leaning towards the Rad Jacket i must admit. Anyone have any reviews, ideas?
Oh, and a guid New Year tae all!
David R

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Hello mate, congrats on coming outta 2010 with some moolah in yer mitts!

I've just had a butcher's at both of the jackets you mentioned and, IMHO, I think you should go for the Aero, which looks simply fantastic. To my mind the Rocketeer jacket is a bit too costumey, with the full flap front & brass buttons, and the colour is a little garish. The Aero is more understated and would be easier to wear with jeans and a sweater or a trousers and a shirt'n'tie combo – in fact, it'd look awesome with almost anything! I bet that the Aero will age beautifully, too...

therathouse

New in Town
Well that's pretty much the conclusion i came up with but it's always good to have another opinion. Looks like a day trip to Galashiels on the motorbike for me! Thanks all and have a good new year

Mr Badger

Practically Family
And a happy 1-1-11 to you!

Dead jealous of you being able to get to Galashiels easily – I should make getting a custom-fitted Aero a new year resolution! But the question would be, which jacket?

Oh, no, here we go again! :D

Forrest

Familiar Face
Well that's pretty much the conclusion i came up with but it's always good to have another opinion. Looks like a day trip to Galashiels on the motorbike for me! Thanks all and have a good new year

Good choice. Don't get me wrong, Wested can make a fine product. I have had one of their Indy jackets since 2006, and I still wear it frequently. I have since acquired some higher-end jackets, though, and frankly there is no comparison. So, if you are accustomed to the quality of an Aero, than most other options out there will seem like a step down.

gfirob

Familiar Face
That is a great jacket and a wonderful job at recreating the old European style jacket, pockets and all. But it really looks short. It makes me wonder what a Bootlegger would look like with buttons. I thought of ordering mine that way, but somehow it didn't end up seeming like a good idea. But the buttons look great on this.
Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot