Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
And wouldn't you know it? In vintage clothing shops and on eBay/Etsy, just about every outstanding deadstock pair of 1920s-'40s ladies' shoes seems to be a U.S. size 6. Women like Dita are just lucky. :)

I wear a 6, but wide. In fact, if I can get a double wide, I fit a 5.5. However, most vintage shoes are very narrow.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
What a fun article, thanks to whoever posted the Daily Mail link. Dita is lovely as always, but Marianne Power is nothing to sneeze at, either.

US size 6? :eeek:

And wouldn't you know it? In vintage clothing shops and on eBay/Etsy, just about every outstanding deadstock pair of 1920s-'40s ladies' shoes seems to be a U.S. size 6. Women like Dita are just lucky. :)

I wear a US 6, and my feet are fairly narrow, so I've been insanely lucky in the vintage shoe department. (I once ran across a pair of vintage size 4 women's shoes. Even too small for me!)

Now if only the rest of my body fit into vintage size 12 clothing, I'd be all set. :lol:

Last edited:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
US size 6? :eeek:

Yes! So tiny...

I wear a 6, but wide. In fact, if I can get a double wide, I fit a 5.5. However, most vintage shoes are very narrow.

This is my major problem, too - Every pair of vintage shoes in my size I have tried on, I wasn't able to jam my foot into because my instep is so wide. I'm hardly broken up about it, though, because shoemaking has improved in flying leaps since the Golden Era, and is one type of apparel I prefer to buy modern.

SheBear74

Practically Family
LOL! I will have to show my mom that, she is from Wurzburg. I can't believe he drank the perfume!!! :p

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
:D I´m pretty sure he replaced it with water. He did the same thing when 50 Cent (you know, the rapper) was there once. But it´s always a nice shocker.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
What ever happened with her perfume? Is it available anywhere? I'm disappointed that so many of her lines appear to be only available in Europe. I read somewhere that she'll be doing a lingerie line for Target Australia next year.

brookenormajean

New in Town
I think her perfume has only been released in Germany so far...Yes I'm so excited about her clothing line released in David Jones and her lingerie line in Target... i'm not sure why Australia of all places was chosen as the first place for them to be released but I must say I am not complaining... so excited not to have to (for once) get pieces shipped from overseas at an inflated price!
http://www.ditasdomain.com/vonfollies/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari