Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Dita was just on Australian tv, she showed 3 outfits from the collection. One of the dresses was a copy of a vintage dress she owns, to my eye it looked a lot like a Jean Desses gown. I found a pic of it online.
20111007_dita_von_teese_250w.jpg

There was also a wiggle dress in a print that looked a lot like something Rene Gruau would have drawn. The final piece was a full skirted black trench coat. The coat was by far my favourite. Unfortunately the prices weren't discussed. I figure I better start saving my pennies now.....

Last edited:

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
I have to agree. You hardly notice how thin she is when you see her alone on a picture, but in comparison her legs and arms look rather skinny. Not unhealthy though, just petite.

Drappa

One Too Many
There are rumours that she's going through a break-up, and she seems to have been losing weight since then. The constant travel probably doesn't help either.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
All those tips were published in Burlesque and the Art of the Teese. They work, if you take them seriously! Also, I love what Dita says here:

Sometimes you’re flipping through a magazine and see some beautiful actress and she says “I just ate a pizza,” trying to convince everyone she doesn’t work at what she does. People are afraid to admit the work they put into looking good because it makes you seem vain.’

In the Golden Era, being meticulous about one's appearance didn't make others think you were vain, but this mindset is very prevalent these days. I'm sure its the reason why so many people wear ill-fitting clothes and have wash-and-go hairstyles (usually with outgrown roots).

On the subject of weight: Dita is a very small lady even at a healthy weight. Although I agree it looks as though she's lost a bit, keep in mind that her standing next to Marianne Power seems even smaller (like Katinka said). I hope the breakup rumours aren't true, her l'amour is a cute dish.

Last edited:

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Here's an interview of Dita when she was in Australia promoting her clothing range.
[video=youtube;zHXzOXX0HWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHXzOXX0HWc[/video]

Actually she looks very healthy in that interview. I think as C-dot said she is just a very petite lady. Obviously next to the more rubenensque woman in the Daily Mail interview she would look miniscule.

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
Perfection as always. Well, apart from that she sometimes seems to be confused which camera is the right one. Or is the 3 guys laughing and clapping an audience she´s looking at?
Can you imagine she´s been doing this for 20 years? She looks like 30, it´s insane... Oh, and the feet! Like in an Elvgren painting. I´m having something like a fan girl moment right now, sorry ;)

Also, I love the accent of the lady on the left!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner