• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Do Men Hate Women's Hats?

Discussion in 'The Front Parlor' started by Mayor La Trivia, Dec 1, 2014.

1. p51

p51 Practically Family

Have yet to see a woman in a baseball hat that does it for me, though. Even my own wife, who I normally have a rabid case of the 'hots' for....

2. 11209525_905970279487888_7742908911456375565_n.jpg

(I needed something to shield my eyes from the malfunctioning lobby lights.)

Edward likes this.
  3. JimWagner

JimWagner Practically Family

Well, a vintage publicity glamour shot is one thing. The vintage middle class reality can be quite another.

Case in point; here's my mother on Easter, 1947, just after I was born holding me.

[​IMG]

Bixie Bliss and St. Louis like this.
  4. GHT

GHT My Mail is Forwarded Here

Jim, that is a wonderful photo. I love your mother's suit, I adore her hat and that car in the background is to die for. Shame about the baby, but three out of four's not bad. Seriously my friend, that photo is of a lost time, a time worth recording and remembering.

Er, excuse me, young lady. Do I recall a recent post of a rather photogenic beret, with an equally photogenic model wearing it?
    [​IMG]

scottyrocks likes this.
  5. GHT

I adore women in hats, be it wide brimmed,
    [​IMG]
    to the smallest fascinator,
    [​IMG]

a woman in a hat graces her femininity, long may she do so. Except Princess Beatrice.
    Anybody recognise the ladies?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    LuvMyMan likes this.
  6. Yes, I like women in hats, but, just as with men, it's got to be the right woman in the right hat (or the right hat on the right woman).

LuvMyMan likes this.
  7. GHT

Nice hat dear, well I love it.

[​IMG]

LuvMyMan, EstherWeis and sheeplady like this.
  8. Since I never leave the home without donning some form of headwear, I absolutely love it when ladies wear hats! I hate baseball caps though, on either gender.

9. Dirk Wainscotting

Dirk Wainscotting A-List Customer

I think many men like women in hats, but don't like sitting behind them at the cinema (now as in the golden era).

My second to last ex-girlfriend regularly wore hats - mostly a beret - and my recent ex wore hats too, including a lovely plum-coloured cloche hat.

Maybe if I can get with a girl who isn't a hat-wearer she might not become an ex this time.

LuvMyMan likes this.
  10. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

My grandmother looks mighty fine in this hat, circa 1943. My step-grandfather was posted to Ohio during the war with the Royal Air Force, and my grandmum and uncle George spent a lot of time in NYC.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    LuvMyMan likes this.
  11. I have to say Men appreciate most Women's Hats. In fact most of the Hats I own have been picked out or purchased by my Husband.

12. That picture sure does bring back memories. My Mom (93 years old) still has a few hats very similar to the one your Grandmother is wearing in the picture.

MisterCairo likes this.

13. Say, are those two Ladies part of that famous Train Robber Gang from the outside of London ? (just teasing).

14. GHT

Gangster's molls, what a wonderful image. The first lady is a modern day songbird name of Caro Emerald, listen to her music, it has a kind of Gypsy Jazz resonance:

The second lady is more famous for getting her kit off.
    She is of course: Dita Von Teese.

LuvMyMan likes this.
  15. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Is there only one man in the world, who can hate this, for real??

Woohoo!!

16. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

This looks like a mixed rugby team in the Black Shirt League...

17. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

My niece and mother in law, Downton Abbey charity tea:

[​IMG]

18. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

Two nieces, same event, May 2016[​IMG] :

19. What I find to be attractive women look best to me, hat-wise, in a classically-styled men's fedora or an unstructured ball cap with a well-curved bill.

20. The redhead's whole look is perfect. Nothing overpowers anything else, and that hat suits her to a T.

deadlyhandsome and MisterCairo like this.