Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

alexandra

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
I've always liked the idea of 'reclaiming' the word spinster - imposing positive implications on it. You know, like bachelor.

Yes.

There's nothing wrong with being happy and in a relationship and there's nothing wrong with being happy and single.

I'll even get one of those pinup girl card decks with my picture on the Queen of Spades so I can play Old Maid with my imaginary friends accurately. It will be marvelous!

freebird

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
I've always liked the idea of 'reclaiming' the word spinster - imposing positive implications on it. You know, like bachelor.

Some choose bachelorhood, others are born ugly and have it thrust upon them.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
freebird said:
Some choose bachelorhood, others are born ugly and have it thrust upon them.

There's no such thing as "ugly". There's just the lack of confidence. Some of the sexiest women I've met could never be considered "pretty" by society's maladjusted standards. But by god, they faced life with glory and attitude that turned men's heads ... including my own. I've taken that onto myself now that bachelorhood was dropped in my lap again. I'm not a very striking man, but I can make my presence known and hold my end of most conversations. I'm betting you can too.

Richard

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
'Bird,
We HAVE to get you out of Okieville. I swear to you, you are GOLD in any other postal code my friend. Bum peeper or no. GOLD I tell you!!
Keep that head up!

alexandra

Practically Family
LocktownDog said:
There's no such thing as "ugly". There's just the lack of confidence. Some of the sexiest women I've met could never be considered "pretty" by society's maladjusted standards. But by god, they faced life with glory and attitude that turned men's heads ... including my own. I've taken that onto myself now that bachelorhood was dropped in my lap again. I'm not a very striking man, but I can make my presence known and hold my end of most conversations. I'm betting you can too.

Richard

I was going to say "I really don't believe any man was ever a bachelor because he was ugly" but you said what I meant more thoroughly.

freebird

Practically Family
LocktownDog said:

Richard

True that, but seems that most people judge a person by their looks, and especially so if the person has a handicap. I know pre-eye problems (and pre-back problems as well) I had a ton of friends, but as soon as the sight went, so did they. It's been 16 years since I've been on a date, not because I didn't ask., but for one reason or another I'd get shot down. It starts to get old after awhile. It doesn't help that I can only drive during daylight hours, and live 40 miles away from a fairly large town. [huh]

freebird

Practically Family
rmrdaddy said:
'Bird,
We HAVE to get you out of Okieville. I swear to you, you are GOLD in any other postal code my friend. Bum peeper or no. GOLD I tell you!!
Keep that head up!

I appreciate that. Wish the yl's thought the same as you.

freebird

Practically Family
alexandra said:
Yes.

There's nothing wrong with being happy and in a relationship and there's nothing wrong with being happy and single.

I'll even get one of those pinup girl card decks with my picture on the Queen of Spades so I can play Old Maid with my imaginary friends accurately. It will be marvelous!

I'll buy a deck. :)

MissS

A-List Customer
rmrdaddy said:
'Bird,
Keep that head up!

I second this. Silly gals in your part of the world need a slap over the head.

pgoat

One Too Many
LocktownDog said:

Richard
well said.

and you may not think you're striking but I've seen you garner no small amount of positive feedback from the ladies here! In any case you're doing something right!

I think notions of beauty and ugly are so subjective. At the risk of sounding like a snob (And I am certainly no Adonis myself to be so picky) I find celebrities who are too 'beautiful' to be a little boring. I am much more turned on by women with interesting looks - a little quirk here or even a 'flaw' or two there.

I think a lot of women feel the same way - we'll be watching a film and I'll ask my wife if she finds the average Brad Pitt/Rob Lowe/etc etc attractive and she almost always says no. If I ask why she says they are "too" pretty....she likes rugged guys with character (not sure how she wound up with me, but whateva....lol )

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Not striking my Aunt Fanny!!

LocktownDog said:

Richard

miss_elise

Practically Family
pgoat said:
I think notions of beauty and ugly are so subjective. At the risk of sounding like a snob (And I am certainly no Adonis myself to be so picky) I find celebrities who are too 'beautiful' to be a little boring. I am much more turned on by women with interesting looks - a little quirk here or even a 'flaw' or two there.

ah, the old difference between the beautiful and the sublime....good ol'e Edmund Burke...a beautiful women with a slight flaw is more beautiful than before....

CharlesB

Suspended
miss_elise said:
ah, the old difference between the beautiful and the sublime....good ol'e Edmund Burke...a beautiful women with a slight flaw is more beautiful than before....
We all think that until you find out she has a vestigial tail

CharlesB

Suspended
Regardless of what you've heard Im not the devil and my tail is NOT prehensile!
miss_elise said:
who doesn't love a tail.... especially a prehensile one, can be used to hold your drink whilst your hands are filled with finger foods... very handy....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara