Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a favorite vintage movie car?

the 1949 Buick Roadster convertible used in the movie, " Rain Man "

American car production at its finest. Great car, great movie.

Best regards
Countryclubjoe

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Herbie-The-Love-Bug-550x412.jpg

My favorite post Golden Era movie car would have to be Herbie, the Love Bug. HE was supposed to be a 1963 ragtop Beetle, but in creating the many cars used in the films, they used year models ranging from '58 to '67. I've owned a '66 and a '67 Beetle and seriously considered making both of them into Herbie replicas, especially the later because it was an original pearl white (L87) car, same as the movie car. I even went as far as to secure OFP 857 (Herbie's California plate number from the movies) as a vanity plate for my state (Alabama), which I still own in case I ever get another one.

Rathdown

Practically Family
The red Morgan +4 used in the Disney film, "The Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit" (which the studio rented from me!).

Edward

Bartender
When I was a kid, I had the Corgi version of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang:

chittyrare.jpg

I remember first seeing that film on television when I was about seven, and being furious with the "and it was all a dream" ending. I really felt cheated any time that device was pulled in a kids' film, but especially so with that one. As an adult I was really pleased that they didn't go down that route for the stage show.

Sunbeam Alpine:

frntqrtr.jpg

rrqtr.jpg

The ONLY things missing are Grace Kelly, some fried chicken, and beer!

Lovely cars. My dad had one for a few years - an Old English White 4 seater couple model. A 1959, if memory serves. What I loved about it was that the overall styling had moved on so little from the pre-war years, relatively speaking, but it was so much more practical for a longer run than anything much earlier.

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
As was mentioned, Herbie is not a golden era car. It was not mentioned that the body style is very close to the KDF prototypes so it is a golden era body type.
Wilson.jpg

This is my tribute car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24