Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do You Love Platform Shoes?

Lorena B

Practically Family
Inky said:
I

These were stage shoes for the fabulous Mae West from the 1950's:

6a01156f47abbe970c0120a5386a35970c-800wi

article here: http://blog.fidmmuseum.org/museum/mae-west/

How about you - do you have any platform shoes?
Geeee, they are just fabulous!!
As for me, Yes, you can obviously count me in pro- platforms.
I am quite a tall girl but that doesn't stop me wearing them.
Why shouldn't I ?

Viola

Call Me a Cab
raven_retro said:
http://www.mohop.com/collection/collection.htm

They're not clear, but they're awfully cute.

Two thoughts warred for space in my brain immediately:

OH MY GOSH THEY ARE ADORABLE.

and, unfortunately,

OH MY GOSH THEY ARE A HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS!!!

lol

They are incredibly cute, though, and made in the USA, and I'm going to see if I can maaaaybe get a pair, but oh no. My budget! What have you done! lol

Well, with the changeable laces, they're technically like an infinite number of sandals, right? Right?!

Hailey, I did check out Ebay but I kept seeing either boots or other very-not-vintage style fetish shoes, not the basic clear sandal, except in teeny sizes I could never get my flippers into, so I was looking for a store. But, not a store of 150 dollar sandals! (Hey, while I'm wishing, right?) I was hoping they existed for like sixty dollars but apparently not. Maybe I will lock my younger brother in a room with a stencil and his Dremel woodworking kit... ;)

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Raven lol no worries i always do a personal check before i submit a suggestion.
Viola haha i chose to omit that what i found would be considered stripper heals [huh] hey why risk offending those who like um, if i were 7 again i would want them bad.

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
The only platforms I really like are the '40s ones...they are gorgeous! If you do a Google image search for Carmen Miranda platforms, you'll find the most amazing photo of her with her shoe collection. I was actually watching The Gang's All Here last weekend and marveling over her shoes!

Bettie Booh

Familiar Face
I LOVE platform shoes, its easier to walk in, it looks way better (unless the platform is too high) and your feet and back doesnt hurt as much as they do without. Unfortunately, I dont have as many as I'd like, but I'm working on that ;)

rosierawhyde

New in Town
Inky said:
I couldn't find a thread specifically on platforms and I saw something today that made me think of some fantastic platforms of the past. I love the crazy platform shoes worn by Carmen Miranda, but I've never seen anything like this!

These were stage shoes for the fabulous Mae West from the 1950's:

6a01156f47abbe970c0120a5386a35970c-800wi

article here: http://blog.fidmmuseum.org/museum/mae-west/

How about you - do you have any platform shoes?

OOOOOOO Those are sooooo fun!!! They made me think of Ziggy Stardust!

ladybrettashley

One of the Regulars
Ha! Those shoes are great, Inky - so clever.

Even so, i am absolutely not a platform girl. I'm so used to being short that it makes me a bit uncomfortable to be much taller ;). Plus, my girlfriend is taller than me, and i like it that way - but only barely, so i don't tend to wear much in the way of heels.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Actually, Mae West has never been my cup of tea! lol what can i say .. oh dear! :p [huh]

What about this 1938 Salvatore Ferragamo ankle-strap paltform sandal? Yes, it's outrageous ,but hey people in the 1930s were outrageous too you know? ....

I think i would wear those shoes ;) :D

Leather-Cork -Metal Sandal circa 1938
Ankle-strapsandal1938.jpg

Lovely Leah

Familiar Face
NicknNora said:
I love about a 1" platform. The really high platforms are too much for me. I have no problem walking in a 1" platform but beyond that I have to focus too much of my attention on not falling off the platform to enjoy wearing the shoes.lol I do have quite a few pairs of platform shoes. Some of them are with ankle straps and some are not.

I have to use a wheelchair almost fulltime now. There is an upside. When I am in my chair, I can now wear dressy shoes!!! I have been on a bit shoe buying frenzy. Last week, I got my first pair of platforms.

Antje

One Too Many
NicknNora said:
I have a pair of clunky black and white patent leather shoes. I've never worn them. I love the black and white (gangster looking) but the clunkiness is too much for me. I bought them online and in the photos they didn't look as clunky as they were in person, either that or I just was not paying attention that day.[huh] Maybe one day I'll put them in the Classified section for you.:)

I found the exact pair on ebay but it's a live auction so I can't post a link.

The shoe was made by T.U.K. Here is a link to their site. They don't have the shoe I bought but they have lots of higher platform shoes and some smaller platforms.

Here's a pair that some of you who love tattoos might like.

A7453L.jpg

A7471L.jpg

Here's two of their platforms.

A7464L.jpg

A6259L.jpg

edited to correct spelling of tattoo. I always leave off one of the "t's" :eusa_doh:

Great shoes, I have 3 pair of Tukshoes myself and they are marvelous

zendy

A-List Customer
:eek: Too much color! My eyes!
I'm sorry, but those are even more hideous than the Mae West shoes, at least her pair was only meant to show the toe.

HadleyH said:
Actually, Mae West has never been my cup of tea! lol what can i say .. oh dear! :p [huh]

What about this 1938 Salvatore Ferragamo ankle-strap paltform sandal? Yes, it's outrageous ,but hey people in the 1930s were outrageous too you know? ....

I think i would wear those shoes ;) :D

Leather-Cork -Metal Sandal circa 1938
Ankle-strapsandal1938.jpg

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
I have a pair of clunky black and white patent leather shoes. I've never worn them. I love the black and white (gangster looking) but the clunkiness is too much for me. I bought them online and in the photos they didn't look as clunky as they were in person, either that or I just was not paying attention that day.[huh] Maybe one day I'll put them in the Classified section for you.:)

I found the exact pair on ebay but it's a live auction so I can't post a link.

The shoe was made by T.U.K. Here is a link to their site. They don't have the shoe I bought but they have lots of higher platform shoes and some smaller platforms.
Omg you're killing me! Must put in overtime...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo