Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Doctor Who," He's Back and it's About Time!

Edward

Bartender
Meh. Can't say I'm bothered by him wearing "fake" Harris Tweed. It's not as if they parade it as "the real thing" - it's simply a tweed jacket. Jinkies, this is the Doctor: why even assume it was made on Earth - or by a human? Screen costume is a very different beast from civilian clothing. I'd rather he wore a 'fake' tweed that is warm enough for him than they change the costume to an anorak or some such. Perhaps adding an overcoat might be a reasonable solution, but I can certainly see why they would avoid that, in order to differentiate Eleven from Ten.

Speaking of the Tenth Doctor, I followed the link to the Canadian replica company mentioned in the article, and they're doing a version of Tennant's coat. I think I'd still prefer the original fabric (as used by Indy Magnoli), as for me that coat was all about the way it draped, but this looks interesting. Something looks odd about the button stance n this photo, though??

1L.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
River Song is Amy Pond's Daughter, I'm absolutely stunned.
Do we not have spoiler tags? Those would be useful (not that I hadn't seen the episode last week). On that note, yeah, I thought about that earlier in the season, but dismissed it as silly. Great episode though. I can't wait to see where it goes in the fall.

Edward

Bartender
River Song is Amy Pond's Daughter, I'm absolutely stunned.

To be honest, I'm surprised anyone is surprised; I had that pegged from the first episode of this series. The only open question, IMO, is whether she was in the spacesuit when it shot the Doctor. It has been established that the suit can operate independently of the person inside, and also while the doctor saw who was (or wasn't) in there, we did not.

Also, the assumption has been made for a long time that River Song killed the Doctor, but all she has ever said is that she killed "the finest man I ever knew". Could be someone else, like her father..... the actor who plays Rory, her father, is leaving soon....

cooncatbob

Practically Family
To be honest, I'm surprised anyone is surprised; I had that pegged from the first episode of this series. The only open question, IMO, is whether she was in the spacesuit when it shot the Doctor. It has been established that the suit can operate independently of the person inside, and also while the doctor saw who was (or wasn't) in there, we did not.

Also, the assumption has been made for a long time that River Song killed the Doctor, but all she has ever said is that she killed "the finest man I ever knew". Could be someone else, like her father..... the actor who plays Rory, her father, is leaving soon....

Sorry, guess I'm just not that clever.
I was a big fan of the original series, I've got all the episodes of the first 5 Doctors on VHS tape in a box in the closet.
I despised Doctors 6 & 7 and then the show was cancelled.
I was slow to warm up the resurrected Dr. Who and didn't become a regular watcher until late in the Christopher Eccleston series.
I watch the show when it on but don't give much thought to it otherwise.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab

Honestly, I think she kills the Doctor ... not the real one, but the doppelganger that probably survived the explosion a couple of episodes ago.

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
I still think that River killed the Doctor and that it is her in the spacesuit. In fact, that is probably their first meeting, which is why the Doctor told everyone (especially River) to stay back when he went to meet the Astronaut in "The Impossible Astronaut" I do not think that Moffat would be so trite as to kill Rory again. It's been done and it is what everyone expects.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I still think that River killed the Doctor and that it is her in the spacesuit. In fact, that is probably their first meeting, which is why the Doctor told everyone (especially River) to stay back when he went to meet the Astronaut in "The Impossible Astronaut" I do not think that Moffat would be so trite as to kill Rory again. It's been done and it is what everyone expects.

He has killed Rory in almost every episode. It is getting old.

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
^ Yeah... and the Doctor has been doing a lot of dying, too. Once in the Sarah Jane Adventures, and then the Ganger, the space suit, and it seems like another time, but I can't think right now. The Sarah Jane episode with her and Jo Grant was brilliant...and terribly sad, considering...

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I would imagine it's Rory that she kills - her reaction to meeting him was odd to say the least. They've been spending a lot of time implying that it's The Doctor they're talking about when in fact they're referring to Rory (that speech at the beginning of the last episode where Amy is talking to her baby about a man who is a lot older than he looks etc) and a lot of time saying that The Doctor isn't a good man.

x

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
I would imagine it's Rory that she kills - her reaction to meeting him was odd to say the least. They've been spending a lot of time implying that it's The Doctor they're talking about when in fact they're referring to Rory (that speech at the beginning of the last episode where Amy is talking to her baby about a man who is a lot older than he looks etc) and a lot of time saying that The Doctor isn't a good man.

x

It's a red herring I tells ya. If River killed Rory, who we now know is her FATHER, she would have had a bit more reaction when she ran into him after the fact. Remember, Moffat has been planning this since at least 1995. If he was going to have River commit patricide there would be some serious Electra overtones to her earlier scenes with Rory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21