Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone find that vintage clothing is more comfortable then modern clothing?

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
lindylady said:
You were so fortunate to find those pants, Helen Troy!
I think so too, it`s the best buy of my life!

To my experience, ebay sometimes is flowed over by these kind of trousers and sometimes they are not to be found. When they are out there, there are many different waist and leg-measurements to be found. I checked a couple of days ago, and there were 3-4 pairs beeing offered at very reasonable prices.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Decobelle said:
I went with XL. I was worried about that seam up the back pulling apart, like you noted! It was a good move. They fit well but are not super tight. I had planned to order a second pair, but now will be wondering if they'll be as long.... hope so. I never get to have a cuff!

Ah, mine are a medium, I might try another pair in a large and see if they are longer, though I am worried they'll be too baggy in the waist as my measurements match the medium exactly. Hmmmm

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I hate buying pants! Everything just seems to fit so awkwardly!:mad: -I'm very petite (well, maybe..I'm 5'1..is that considered very petite?[huh] ...I guess I just feel that way without my high heel shoes onlol ) I'm basically all leg and a very short torso...so some of the low rider pants actually fit better than any other kind though I'm still not totally happy with the look, since there'll still a bit lower than I'd like my pants to be. What I do find somewhat amusing is, whenever going to most places (gap, Nordstrom, ect.) a lot of the pants go another foot past my toes...I'm sure I could make a good comedy act with that:rolleyes: thank God for tailoring!

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
Fleur De Guerre said:
Ah, mine are a medium, I might try another pair in a large and see if they are longer, though I am worried they'll be too baggy in the waist as my measurements match the medium exactly. Hmmmm

Fleur, maybe you can have some mediums made for you in an extra long length, for a bit extra cost as Jitterbugdoll mentioned.

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
My second pair of queenofheartz dungarees arrived - they fit fine (whew!). It's true they are not exactly like the first pair; there seems to be a bit more fabric in the front pocket area. But they look swell, and I'm just as happy with them as the first ones.

Okay, now what about those Suzy shorts they sell?

I ordered some - if they look good & fit, they will be the first shorts I've owned in ages.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Decobelle said:
My second pair of queenofheartz dungarees arrived - they fit fine (whew!). It's true they are not exactly like the first pair; there seems to be a bit more fabric in the front pocket area. But they look swell, and I'm just as happy with them as the first ones.

Okay, now what about those Suzy shorts they sell?

I ordered some - if they look good & fit, they will be the first shorts I've owned in ages.

I think the fit will be very similar to the dungarees. The actually remind me of the ones that Dixiefried made (those these are slightly longer), and those looked amazing on. :)

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
jitterbugdoll said:
I think the fit will be very similar to the dungarees. The actually remind me of the ones that Dixiefried made (those these are slightly longer), and those looked amazing on. :)

I can't wait to try them, then! They are on backorder in my size right now. Of course, I am picturing my legs as tan as the model's on their website, and that won't be happening. Perhaps by the end of summer I could manage slightly off white.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
I have a question for the girls who have the queenofheartz jeans. Does the dye rub off on anything? I have a huge problem with this happening with the ones from Stop Staring so i'm hesitant to buy any others.

When I had only washed them once I wore them with a white blouse and it did indeed rub off around the bottom. But it washed out of the white blouse with no problems and I haven't had it happen any time since. So I would either only wear them with dark stuff first or wash them a few times before wearing.

G

GoldLeaf

:eek:fftopic:

Wow, check out all us tall ladies! I am amazed at how many of us are 5'10" or more. And even JBD is above average height for a lady. I wonder how statistically representative we are, or if we have a higher percentage for some reason ....

Humm .... could be very interesting to do a study ....

I am a science geek :rolleyes:

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
When I had only washed them once I wore them with a white blouse and it did indeed rub off around the bottom. But it washed out of the white blouse with no problems and I haven't had it happen any time since. So I would either only wear them with dark stuff first or wash them a few times before wearing.

Thankyou for the info Fleur, I think I will order a pair now.

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
GoldLeaf said:

Wow, check out all us tall ladies! I am amazed at how many of us are 5'10" or more. And even JBD is above average height for a lady. I wonder how statistically representative we are, or if we have a higher percentage for some reason ....
Humm .... could be very interesting to do a study ....
I am a science geek :rolleyes:

I'm also 6 feet tall and take a size 11 in shoes. It's very hard to get vintagy clothes and shoes.:(

G

GoldLeaf

LadyDeWinter said:
I'm also 6 feet tall and take a size 11 in shoes. It's very hard to get vintagy clothes and shoes.:(

I am an 11 as well in shoes. I tried on some dresses recently in the local vintage shop, and the waist was up around the middle of my ribs :rage: Oh well, its why I am learning to sew :)

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer

GoldLeaf, we have the same problem. And all the original vintage dresses are above the knee and I want them over the knee:rage: And I want all those nice vintage shoes too, which the other ladies show in the purchase thread:(

Sunny

One Too Many
Golly, I'm kind of an odd duck. I'm definitely on the tall end at 5'9", but I lucked out with feet that are "only" size 9. Not only that, but I'm short-waisted; all the height's in my legs. With the exception of one 1930s dress, I haven't bought anything (on ebay) that was too short for me. Of course, I prefer shorter skirts - at or right below the knee. Even postwar dresses and skirts hit my lower leg at a more flattering place, because of my length. Those really long New Look day dresses wouldn't be too good, if they actually hit my leg where they were designed too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn